Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: BholeDC

Dream Coder

Default BholeDC

Here is the first private release of BholeDC. I would like to ask that this not be made public yet nor for any of you to release branches of this source, although there is nothing really stopping you from doing so.

Here is the elf: http://www.screamcast.net/staff/Quzar/BholeDC.zip

And here is the source: http://www.screamcast.net/staff/Quzar/BholeDCsrc.zip

I have it loading games from CD and it can currently play Moonbugs, Round 42, Styx, and Exterminator.

Ill post links to these if anybody asks, but their legality would be relatively questionable, since they are considered abandonware...
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Blog Entries

Default Re: BholeDC

In this forum, i shouldnt worry about abadonware, its private and so as you would in private you do as you please. (well mostly butyou get what i mean)

Good Luck with the project

Dream Coder

Yea, i know, but i would rather not that people later on say things like "Well he was spreading warez, nobody could see it cause it was private, but yea he was!!!!!!1111"
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

well, currently one can say the biggest version is mine (i'm still running some fixes on it...), i already implemented actual IRQ 0 and did some changes to the 8086 emulation code...

but so far i haven't seen a real change with the game i'm checking (livingstone), when i see it, i will post the code here (And a least of changes...)

if anyone wants to get what i've done so far, just e-mail me or something
    "did an ant just pop out of your eyebrow" - Toh's friend&&"omg, your bag is a hive of ants" - Toh's mother&&"what the **** is that black thing coming out of my head" - Toh-Ava

Dream Coder

ah yea, sorry if i made it seem the other way, i just wanted for the people here to be able to see what is currently running on the dreamcast. ill email you soon to ask for the changes so that i can implement them.

again, sorry if i made it seem like mine was up to date or better than the PC version.

DCEmu Coder

Toh-Ava & Quzar,

If you guys could take a look and see if this *functions with the updates, and Toh-Ava, an executable would be nice, I've copied a slew of stuff off 360k's when I was testing, wouldn't mind giving a go again, alot just had corruption, and keyboard issues.

Transylvania relased to public by polaware
    http://www.magictree.com/polarware/z...sylvaniaPC.zip

Main site.
    http://www.magictree.com/polarware/polarware.htm

Didn't notice quzar posted the source.. but if you could add that to the test suite .. now to see if I fixed that blinking sdl problemm

Dream Coder

Im gonna be working on making the PC and DC versions sync up. toh-ava asked me to do it and ill get it done as soon as i have a significant amount of time to do so. Basically, they will be worked on in relative unison, with the only difference being at some points " ifdef(Dreamcast) "

quzar, this is going to be more harder than i think...
    the reason is... right now i'm running code fixes on my version, i think the only we can do it as if you put all your code on #ifdef (DREAMCAST)

and i will put it in by looking at both sources...

btw, if you do a bug fix of your own, mark it in some way i can understand (#ifdef QUZAR???) so that i can put it in as well...

btw, i checked that transylvania thing, i get a blank console like screen, but instead of writing the normal strings, i get all sorts of garbage, i'll get to work on it right after i'm done with some other game (livingstone, it's already playable, but has some glitches)
    "did an ant just pop out of your eyebrow" - Toh's friend&&"omg, your bag is a hive of ants" - Toh's mother&&"what the **** is that black thing coming out of my head" - Toh-Ava

livingstone is fully playable, now i'm going to focus on the transylvania thingy someone has sent me...

quzar - please send me the changes in your version, so i can put them in mine, and then send you the result.

Dream Coder

[quote author=Toh-Ava link=board=pdev;num=1092204025;start=0#8 date=08/18/04 at 18:16:18]livingstone is fully playable, now i'm going to focus on the transylvania thingy someone has sent me...

quzar - please send me the changes in your version, so i can put them in mine, and then send you the result.
    [/quote]

I'm sorry, but I'm leaving home today for college. I am driving, so I wont be there for around 3 days. I just got a laptop, and have started setting up my dev env on it, but i dont know if i can get it ready in time ( i leave in ~3 hours and havnt even finished packing yet). If you really want the dreamcast stuff in now, just take it from the source posted. if not, then as soon as i have time (i might be able to work on it on the road) I will make sure to make a version that can be Dreamcast or PC. Again, sorry for not being able to do it soon, I just dont have the time at the moment.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information