Thread: Opinions?

Default Opinions?

This is for your eyes only - no passing it on yet...

It's a game I'm toying with at the moment - multi-player boggle, provisionally entitled joggle - has elements of tetris, boggle and tron light cycles (well - kind of!)

I'd appreciate feedback - I would agree that the graphics need work (anyone?)

movement = digital / analog
    select / deselect letter = A
    enter word = B
    clear word = X
    pause = START

when paused, X = exit.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ian_edw...toe/boogle.elf

Dream Coder

Default Re: Opinions?

fun, but i could have sworn that a few of those things were not words =P. its cool though =) good work.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Coder

Just throwing in some ideas, based on the impression I got.

Music, it begs for boping style music.

Game play:
    Random bonus tasks like, like having to find a word before x amount of time runs out, little hidden bonus's under some of letters that appear, so if you complete a word with it you gain something.
    And theme'd levels eg: arctic, halloween, etc..

Visuals:
    (The game just begs for this)
    Glitter, cutesie stars and stuff when it dissolves the tiles, Cute little japanese sprites (bub and bob) that highlight the letters, ala Vanna White style..

[quote author=Kamjin link=board=pdev;num=1094766750;start=0#2 date=09/10/04 at 21:23:24]Just throwing in some ideas, based on the impression I got.

Music, it begs for boping style music.

Game play:
    Random bonus tasks like, like having to find a word before x amount of time runs out, little hidden bonus's under some of letters that appear, so if you complete a word with it you gain something.
    And theme'd levels eg: arctic, halloween, etc..

Visuals:
    (The game just begs for this)
    Glitter, cutesie stars and stuff when it dissolves the tiles, Cute little japanese sprites (bub and bob) that highlight the letters, ala Vanna White style..
    [/quote]

I entirely agree - visuals are not really my thing, but I most definitely want this kind of thing in there - I'm just trying to get the bare bones out at the moment - I will be having CPU players - and they are going to have different characteristics (always trying to get long words, always trying for 3 letter words etc etc) - these could have different character sprites.

I was going to have some themed levels too - for example, one where there are more 'F's than there would normally be named 'The F Word'...

On the 'arctic' or 'haloween' theme idea - I like it, and whats more, you can have a special dictionary of words that are 'special' for that level - eg, 'cold', 'snow', 'ice', 'icicle' etc for arctic - and it does something special when you get one of the words... I was already going to have 'fixed special dictionaries' - like rude or funny words - but I like the idea of themed dictionaries too...

Anyway - thanks very much for your comments and ideas, if you can help on any of them, like the gfx or sound I'd appreciate it!

Made some adjustments - feedback from anyone? It does work under Chankast - you can use:

chankast_alpha_25.exe -file:joggle.bin

should work with up to 4 players configured...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ian_edw...joggle1409.zip

Dream Coder

Ill test it as soon as i get to my PC.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

[quote author=quzar link=board=pdev;num=1094766750;start=0#5 date=09/14/04 at 12:39:39]Ill test it as soon as i get to my PC.[/quote]

Cool - thanks, just put up a newer version:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ian_edw...oggle1409b.zip

Now the rounds have an objective. If anyone wants to contribute to this project with backgrounds, graphics etc let me know!

You may have noticed, I released what I had - still looking for comments from you guys though.

Thread Information