Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CPS1PSP WIP News And Cache Convertor Source Code Released

I can't wait for the next version of CPS1, NJ! You're awesome man!!!

I just hope he thimks about doing RAINE emu

I’m hoping that we will have an update on this emu by the weekend?

For all the breast lovers on this site... In the CPS1 Japan arcade version of Final Fight, during the game’s intro, the kidnapped Jessica is shown wearing only her underwear when Haggar turns on the TV. The same scene was deleted from every other version of the game in the world, and alternatively now cuts to Damnd while you can hear Jessica screaming in the background - check it out!

I’m sure all the later console conversions were also censored quite a bit, with the women in the game either being completely edited out, or their breasts being covered up! lol

OMG i missed this yesterday as i was studying...DAM!!!

I have to checke that out baboon

Whoops! My apologies everyone, I glanced through my past notes and beta 2 was the last version that I noticed listed, so when I noticed that NJ had updated the CPS1 section of his homepage, I jumped to the conclusion that it was a new release. I did think it was odd that there was no changelog posted, but I had a massive headache at the time, so I didn't really look that closely into it. Thanks for catching my mistake all! As a reward for watching this thread though, NJ has posted some excellent, long awaited news:
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ
    Current State Of Development
    Since the current state is as I wrote above <<the portion that I already translated in the first post of this thread -- b8a>>, I'm temporarily not updating CPS1. Since it's now possible to run kernel mode in 2.6 through the TIFF loader, I've tested various processes which I might be able to use in the emulator.
    Well, the problem I've run in to is AdHoc. First I searched the net and found something called adhoc-examples. It looks like the content is just the Adhoc portion taken straight from SMSPlus. I went ahead and did a straight compile of it and installed it on both a 1.5 and a 2.6 PSP. Wow, it worked. Continuing on, I took that same sample source and put it in the launch portion for CPS2PSP. It doesn't work (laughs)

This really ticked me off, so I did various things to change the original sample's source code, however it's performance is extremely unstable. Adding code unrelated to the sample or even slightly changing the original sample's source code (in other words, it wouldn't work regardless of what I tried) caused it to immediately stop working. In the worst occasions, simply recompiling caused it to perform differently. There were various reasons that it wouldn't work ranging from it being unable to recognize a connection, to it freezing during initialization, as well as others.

I thought that maybe it was my development environment that was screwing up, so I installed the revision from SVN, but with absolutely no change. Additionally, only the FW1.5 PSP is unstable while the 2.6 one performed consistently regardless of what I did to change the code. Using the Adhoc libraries from pspdev which were added unbeknownst to me at some point, I tried rewriting the source from scratch, however, ultimately it worked on the 2.6 but not on the 1.5. I had been thinking of only including the basics of this when releasing the source code, but as of right now this is looking pretty much like it's useless.

If anyone knows of any techniques to get this to operate consistently, or even reasons that might cause it to be unstable, please contact me.

The 2.80 SDK is out now, but by looking at the readme.txt it looks as though only programs under 128KB will run? For the time being, it looks like this won't be of any use to the programs I've released here.

One more thing about the AdHoc situation, when rewriting the source once again I think I was able to make a version that runs stable using only the libraries from pspdev. The size is pretty compact as well. Now I just need to add it into the the emulator and check to make sure it works... I'm tired now so I'll get to it some time tomorrow or later (laughs)
    Thanks to the new TIFF loader, it looks like he's now able to take a shot at implementing the much anticipated AdHoc feature. Looks like our good friend NJ has found himself a new challenge (!_!)

Since it's now possible to run kernel mode in 2.6 through the TIFF loader
    it has kernel mode?? i swear i thought it was only user mode...lemme go check

edit:i was right

This version brings user-mode homebrew to v2.0-v2.6 PSPs, without the need for Grand Theft Auto. Now, almost all the software that worked with GTA can now be used without it.

Originaly NJ said he wasnt intrested in sorting out a two player mode by linking PSP's together because he only had one machine. I guess this has changed now?

Two player mode here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by Baboon
    Originaly NJ said he wasnt intrested in sorting out a two player mode by linking PSP's together because he only had one machine. I guess this has changed now?
    His original statement was that he wanted to but couldn't since he already owned two PSPs, but only one was compatible with homebrew and he had no interest in getting a third PSP. Later on, he put out a statement that flat out denied interest in working on AdHoc, and in that statement he said it was because he only had one PSP. His tone in that statement sounded very annoyed, so I suspect that he was saying that because people were bothering him about it and he just wanted to put an end to the discussion. What's changed now is that kernel mode is possible on 2.6, so since (apparently) his second PSP is at 2.6, he can now test this out and work on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by razorak
    it has kernel mode?? i swear i thought it was only user mode...lemme go check

edit:i was right
    Doesn't really matter if you were right or not. NJ says that he got it to work, so that really should be enough. That bit caught my attention too, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

This is great, but is he talking about ad hoc emulation for his CPS-1, or CPS-2. Because I wouldn't mind iether but I'm just curious to find out wich one he is going to implement it for.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information