Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Half Life on DC

DCEmu Pro

Default Re: Half Life on DC

[quote author=MetaFox link=board=off;num=1109606445;start=0#7 date=03/07/05 at 09:26:37]
    (actually the build that was leaked isn't the latest build. There's at least one newer build that is known to be out there).[/quote]

No that part.

Fair point on the ps2 version I have played it, its bollocks, but a pc, u dont even need a good one to run it better than the ps2 version, and if u get blue shift then u get nicer graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mental2k
    No that part.

Fair point on the ps2 version I have played it, its bollocks, but a pc, u dont even need a good one to run it better than the ps2 version, and if u get blue shift then u get nicer graphics.
    That's not warez. I didn't mean that there is another one that is leaked. I meant that there is another GD-R that people have bought that confirms that the leaked one isn't a final. :P

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetaFox
    That's not warez. I didn't mean that there is another one that is leaked. I meant that there is another GD-R that people have bought that confirms that the leaked one isn't a final. :P
    but it illegal to sell thoses GD-R too, who ever sold them does not have the right to sell them... having said that i think no-one cares
    :-/

DCEmu Pro

Look i know i sounded foolish after the first one, but I'm not one to back down. So ner. ;D

I love ya really meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69
    but it illegal to sell thoses GD-R too, who ever sold them does not have the right to sell them... having said that i think no-one cares :-/
    Prototype collecting has been a hobby since the 80s.

If it was a problem, it would have been cracked down on hard decades ago.

This is more of a case of no jursidiction rather than illegality. It's never been tried in court, as the companies as you said don't care about it.

I could argue back and forth about the legalities of this for days, but suffice to say - there's no law specifically against it.

but surely only the person/company who owns the Intellectual property can sell it are not one employee or beta tester. now i not saying its wrong to own one, but whoever sold it was in the wrong was. it like the beta tester that leak bleemcast beta, he was in the wrong to do so because he did not right not to leak it, it was not his to release.

but as you say its never been a issue i.e. in court etc

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69
    but surely only the person/company who owns the Intellectual property can sell it are not one employee or beta tester.
    It's like a prerelease copy sent to a magazine. That copy isn't the official product, and it's not treated that way. At that point in time, the owner of the pre-release can do what he wants with it, unless an agreement has been made that requires him to send it back after review. If he doesn't have an agreement and the disc is sent to him with no strings attatched, he can sell it if he wants to. If he has an agreement, and breaks it by selling it instead of sending it back, then that's a different story.

Same with the prototypes. If the programmer/artist/musician/beta tester/etc. didn't sign an agreement that all pre-release material will be destroyed after completion of the game (or that preview material can't change hands - which I believe was the case in the Bleem beta), then he's entitled to do what he wants with his copy.

... isn't a final. :P
    It is a final ver. I know it because I beat it (both scenarios) and u can decrease loading times with dummy file. Thats all. Game is really great.

just because u can complete it does not mean its the final version,

Yeah but if its like the PC version and he played the PC version maybe he is saying its completed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information