Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hombrew being sold on Ebay!

DCEmu Pro

Default Re: Hombrew being sold on Ebay!

I know what you mean about those who create the dev disks 1time, I suppose its best if all just stays free eh. Unless asa you say they release a bulk one at cost rice or whatever.

DCEmu Regular

this sucks. this kinda crap hppened in the visual pinball community too. sad. as well as other many freeware/ homebrew stuff like it.

DCEmu Pro

yeah abelisk man, $#@! happens, $#@!ters make it happen!

[quote author=DCDayDreamer link=board=off;num=1103639105;start=0#4 date=12/21/04 at 09:40:24]an obscure idea, but what about starting an ebay shop from the site, if there was any staff member that was willing to burn off CDR's with homebrew content along with printing the covers and labels, they could then sell the items at cost price with 'buy it now'. Of course each listed item would have to state that it was a homebrew item, created with a legal dev kit and duplicted on CDR, it could also have a url on the page to link directly here - how's about that for DC homebrew promotion!.[/quote]

I really like this idea - Count me in

DCEmu Pro

but beats of rage was a comercial release wasnt it? surely he's allowed to sell that on, providing he's not selling a botleg copy?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

no, Beats of Rage is freeware, very good Freeware, have you not tried it yet Mental2k, you should get the BOR image at dcevo, it has the original a 4 other mods on one disk

No, Beats of Rage was never released commercially. That is, and always was, completely freeware. They never would have released it commercially, because it contains copyrighted sprites and backgrounds from commercial games.

They have gone back and forth on whether or not to release AotB commercially whenever it comes out, but I'm pretty sure they finally decided to release it completely as freeware, and look into the possibility of releasing novelty discs commercially (discs that will contain much more than just the game) to people that are interested.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

DCEmu Pro

Ah right oh. no, probs.

[quote author=Curtiss Grymala link=board=off;num=1103639105;start=15#17 date=01/05/05 at 04:50:29]I'm pretty sure they finally decided to release it completely as freeware, and look into the possibility of releasing novelty discs commercially (discs that will contain much more than just the game) to people that are interested.[/quote]

asupikku and me had a very long and intense discussion over at the original Senile forum (the first one, not Segaforums) and I would be glad if the ladies and gents over at Senile decide to go with the GOAT store for a DC special edition

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information