Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hombrew being sold on Ebay!

DCEmu Pro

Default Re: Hombrew being sold on Ebay!

ffs that is outaline, when peeps good enough to give their time to make these, this guy needs some serious spammage methinks, may deter him. We could post his email addy, or would that be immoral?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

more:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

bor seems to be so "rare" that is now being sold once a week on ebay!

DCEmu Pro

yeah but what about spamming him?

We could write a php page that mails him whenever you go onto it, then sign up for a free lycos account annonimously then spam him when he does it.

Gettin email addressses shouldnt be that hard either....

DCEmu Pro

Competition is the answer. As more merchants sell such "value-added" game packages on eBay, the consumer will quickly realize the game is not "rare," but in fact abundant. Prices will plummet. That's the free market system -- it works great.

I too, make free games. If a merchant can profitably sell such free software, then I say PLEASE go ahead and do it. Because it cultivates interest, grows the distribution network and widens the audience of free software. There are many merchants such as this one, who sell Linux CD's. The Linux OS is free, but the service is really valuable to those who cannot burn CDs. It is a legitimate and needed service.

As long as the distributor doesn't make false claims, or try to appropriate the intellectual property, or use the software illegally, that is.

Dream Coder

[quote author=DreamDogg link=board=off;num=1103639105;start=30#34 date=02/03/05 at 01:25:18]Competition is the answer. As more merchants sell such "value-added" game packages on eBay, the consumer will quickly realize the game is not "rare," but in fact abundant. Prices will plummet. That's the free market system -- it works great.

I too, make free games. If a merchant can profitably sell such free software, then I say PLEASE go ahead and do it. Because it cultivates interest, grows the distribution network and widens the audience of free software. There are many merchants such as this one, who sell Linux CD's. The Linux OS is free, but the service is really valuable to those who cannot burn CDs. It is a legitimate and needed service.

As long as the distributor doesn't make false claims, or try to appropriate the intellectual property, or use the software illegally, that is.

[/quote]

Most homebrews are released under a license that prohibits the sale of them without permission.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Pro

You'd have to be a bit of an asshole to be doin it anyway, i mean, big corps they're makin plenty of money on it, and u dont feel so bad at rippin some of them off, but these guys do it for our enjoyment in their spare time. You gotta respect that.

This particular merchant who sells the BOR Mods is probably violating the license, although I do not know for sure. He calls the game "rare," which is inaccurate; however, it is RARE when considering that nobody else sells a pre-burned, packaged BOR disc.

Although this merchant behaves badly, I think it would be beneficial for a larger number of *responsible* DC disc merchants enter the marketplace, because that will introduce more people to the DC Homebrew scene.

As more merchants smell profit, and sell more games, it will energize the entire scene.

Dream Coder

[quote author=DreamDogg link=board=off;num=1103639105;start=30#37 date=02/03/05 at 21:50:09]This particular merchant who sells the BOR Mods is probably violating the license, although I do not know for sure. He calls the game "rare," which is inaccurate; however, it is RARE when considering that nobody else sells a pre-burned, packaged BOR disc.

Although this merchant behaves badly, I think it would be beneficial for a larger number of *responsible* DC disc merchants enter the marketplace, because that will introduce more people to the DC Homebrew scene.

As more merchants smell profit, and sell more games, it will energize the entire scene.
    [/quote]

The point is that people shouldn't be spending money on something that they could get for free.

If the merchent made a point to say that it was only as a service to have a professional-looking copy, then that would be different, but they make it seem as if its not something that could easily be gotten.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

The people who sells homebrew at any auction page can be perfectly compared with rubbish, and should be prosecuted as criminals. Can't believe that someone can do that. ???
    SH4 Risc LittleEndian

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information