Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hombrew being sold on Ebay!

Default Re: Hombrew being sold on Ebay!

£32 for BoR, when you can get it for FREE

thats ridiculous, but most people that buy DC games off eBay either know of the homebrew scene, or are part of it. The buyers must know what their paying for is freeware because to pay £32 you must be pretty into the DC scene.

Slightly off topic, and possibly not allowed - theres a guy selling Half-Life for DC as far as i know this wasnt released because of problems days before release. So obviously hes downloading it , does anyone know where the download of this is? ive searched but failed *:'(

You know it's someone in the scene is the one selling this, don't you? That's the saddest part.

Slightly off topic, and possibly not allowed - theres a guy selling Half-Life for DC as far as i know this wasnt released because of problems days before release. So obviously hes downloading it , does anyone know where the download of this is? ive searched but failed
    No can do, that's an unofficial release of a commercial game, if we knew of a download we would never post a link to it. It is true however that it's been sold on ebay for some time now, even reporting it doesn't do much good because it pops up somewhere else via a different seller.

You know it's someone in the scene is the one selling this, don't you? That's the saddest part.
    Are you serious?, if that's true maybe you should name and shame them. There are some people within the scene however that are considering selling a huge collection of BOR plus mods at cost, meaning about £2 for a CDR packed with as much stuff that'll fit on there (P+P is included for your £2). This is being considered to counter such illegal profiteering from freeware games.

[quote author=DCDayDreamer link=board=off;num=1103639105;start=30#42 date=02/16/05 at 23:47:48]There are some people within the scene however that are considering selling a huge collection of BOR plus mods at cost, meaning about £2 for a CDR packed with as much stuff that'll fit on there (P+P is included for your £2). This is being considered to counter such illegal profiteering from freeware games.[/quote]
    Such an enterprise would be quite welcome, as it would benefit many, who, like myself, cannot burn .CDI's (Few Linux distros offer easy .CDI burning capability.)

Legal, reasonably-priced Homebrew CDs will serve a real market niche, and invigorate the whole DC scene.
    ;D

[quote author=DreamDogg link=board=off;num=1103639105;start=30#43 date=02/17/05 at 01:15:55]
    Such an enterprise would be quite welcome, as it would benefit many, who, like myself, cannot burn .CDI's (Few Linux distros offer easy .CDI burning capability.)

Legal, reasonably-priced Homebrew CDs will serve a real market niche, and invigorate the whole DC scene.
    ;D[/quote]

It is a pretty solid idea.

I wish there were more ways to burn this stuff using Linux. I am working more and more in Linux, but I still have to switch back over to Windows whenever I want to burn anything for the DC. Anyway - I'm meandering off topic again.

If someone were to make a compilation disc and sell it on Ebay, what mods do people think should be on there?
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

[quote author=Curtiss Grymala link=board=off;num=1103639105;start=30#44 date=02/17/05 at 02:09:47]
    I wish there were more ways to burn this stuff using Linux. *I am working more and more in Linux, but I still have to switch back over to Windows whenever I want to burn anything for the DC. *[/quote]
    I can't find any surefire ways to burn .CDI images under Linux. Although there are tutorials to use cdirip in conjunction with cdrecord, the process didn't work for my burner/computer configuration.

CDrecord for Linux is complex, it comes in many different forked versions which may not work the same way. It's very hit-and-miss.
    If someone were to make a compilation disc and sell it on Ebay, what mods do people think should be on there?
    I'd like to see a BOR compo cd. You could poll site visitors to see which BOR Mods are most widely acclaimed.

Another exciting thought is to publish the Dream Coding Grand Prix 2005 Finalists on a single playable CD.

[quote author=DCDayDreamer link=board=off;num=1103639105;start=30#42 date=02/16/05 at 23:47:48]
    Are you serious?, if that's true maybe you should name and shame them. [/quote]

I'm not saying I know who it is, or that I right/wrong. *It could have been a "newb" who asked how to burn X, Y, and Z, or it's a scene veteran. *Who's to say a scene veteran couldn't have done this? *We all have so many aliases on the internet. Like me, I have WHurricane16, Storminator16, my real name, another private name, and at work I have 3 e-mail addresses to go along with my 4 personal e-mail addresses. This is one of the problems I find with the internet: really, if someone wants to hide they can hide behind a lie or two.

[quote author=DreamDogg link=board=off;num=1103639105;start=45#45 date=02/17/05 at 05:19:29]
    I'd like to see a BOR compo cd. You could poll site visitors to see which BOR Mods are most widely acclaimed.
    Another exciting thought is to publish the Dream Coding Grand Prix 2005 Finalists on a single playable CD. [/quote]

Check http://www.dcevolution.net - We've thought about the same projects and are working on them *- some of them will be released these days. A BoR Collection with the first finished mods is already available.

well it has to be someone in the scene so they've probably posted on here before, i think it's more likely a newb rather than a veteran as there are loads of them on these boards (including myself) and someone whos been here a while woud probably have at least linked to one of these sites as they'd want more people on the scene. Doesnt really matter that much as they wont be found, as posted by storminator its too easy for them to 'hide'

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information