Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Is Ebay A Big Scam and Rip Off Site

For the most part no. I have done many transactions over eBay and have been happy with 99.9% of them. I unlike some people are patient enough to follow through with the deal and keep in constant contact with the sellers to make sure that the deal is finished. Longest wait I have ever had was over a month and a half for the merchandise. But I got it, and I do report everyone to ebay, so if I don't get the item, I get my money back! I love eBay.

Note to anyone just getting into the ebay thing... do your homework, check feedback and make sure your seller is legit. Its helped me since the beginning and thats why I still hold a 99.9% feedback rating!

u gotta take the good with the bad
    I may lost $150.00 on some kids shoes
    but I got a akai mpc2000xl for $1000.00
    (I'm a music producer) and that's a damn
    good deal

DCEmu Pro

ive bought some stuff from ebay. mostly school books, but occasionaly i'd get an item over 50 USD. every time i buy something from ebay, or any other online store for that matter, i always send an email or some form of message to confirm that the item is legit. only then do i bid, or buy the item. that way if i do get scammed i have some sort of proof against the seller and whatnot.

DCEmu Regular

I got totally ripped off on a 4GB memory card. I should have looked closer at the picture, because it was one of those cards that didn't actually have Sony's name on it, just a blank space. The Card pretends to format, but won't actually hold any data over a few hundred Megabytes.

Too bad the little SOB lives out of state, or I *WOULD* go over to his house and make SURE I got my $105 back! If only I had waited another 2 days for NewEgg to get their 4GB sticks back in stock...

I've never had any real problems on eBay. I've bought like 50 things and only been scammed once. That was for a *copy* of a WWE PPV for my kids. Which I never recieved. But I've bought like 4 mini motorbikes, 5 MS and loads of other things with no problems. I also sold a load of my crap too. All in all, eBay is A-ok!

If you're patient, take time to read all the details, check the sellers feedback thoroughly and don't rush into buying something eBay is great.

On top of that, I personally only ever consider buying an item if the seller has 100% feedback for at least 20+ transactions, uses paypal and is selling the item in the UK (where I live).

I've been able to avoid any dissapointment sticking to these rules.

You quickly get used to the kind of descriptions and way of writing that scammers use, it's easy to filter them out.

DCEmu Newbie

I bought tons of stuff and never got scammed.
    I bought a brand new DS through eBay from some guy in the UK. After 3 weeks it hasn't arrived so I contacted him. Turns out the Royal Post lost it (registered mail my butt) but since it was insured they paid him back and he sent me a second one. This one arrived in 5 days. Two weeks later the first DS showed up as well. So I sold the second one to a friend of mine for 75% of what I paid. End result: brand new DS with Mario Kart for 20% of what I would have paid in a shop locally.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi,
    I have never been scammed on Ebay. I think it's very important to look at seller's comments how much customers were satisfied.

I have only ever been scammed as a seller on ebay, someone bought my old phone and then paypal took the money back. After hours of hpnecalls with paypal I still didn't get my money back. So whenever I sell anything of any value I just don't use paypal.

When buying though I only use paypal lol, I've bought my mp3 player, Japanese PSPs, DS Lite, Memory Cards etc from hong kong sellers with no problems at all apart from import tax on my ds lite and then it still worked out at £90 and I got about a month before the UK release.

ive never had any probz with ebay ! bought two psp from there.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information