Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Is Ebay A Big Scam and Rip Off Site

I've never had a problem, but that may be down to me being one of the most cynical misanthropes on the face of the planet.

Seriously, though. I think *everyone* is susceptible to being conned at some poiny, not just on Ebay, but other places as well. As well as rip off merchants being deliberately vague or trying to be clever with words to distract you from the truth, a touch of laziness can creep in to you when presented with a page full of instructions or details, which makes you think "skip to the end" and sets you off scanning instead of reading it properly.

DCEmu Newbie

i sold thousands of items worldwide. but dont ever sell to indonesia or south asia. they will rip you off.

Who gives a f*** about ebay?!! this is PSP-NEWS!!!Why the crazy thread name?----maybe to boost lik-sang and success hk mem card sales???? somthings fishy

+++WARNING+++

+++ILLEGAL OVER-USE OF QUESTION MARKS IN PREVIOUS POST+++

+++FULL STOP KEY BROKEN AND SHIFT KEY A BIT ON THE DODGY SIDE+++

+++NO ACTUAL EVEN SEMI-INTELLIGENT CONTENT OTHERWISE+++

Since when was the news forum *solely* meant for PSP stuff? Am I missing something here?

Default Check power sellers

Quote Originally Posted by crypysmoker
    I think anyone who gets scammed on ebay that its thier own fault.

IF you buy a 360 box... its your own fault for jumping at the BUY IT NOW instaed of reading though.
    IF your gullable enough to belive everythign you see without reading any descriptions.. again its your own fault.
    They are required to put full descriptions.. and those consoles boxes you speak of say int he aiction THIS IS THRE BOX ONLY... but noone reads it.

If something looks to good to be true ... like a 2gb mem card for $50.. then it is.
    Just have common sense people, and use those reading and detail skills you should have learned in primary school.
    I have gotten countless psp games, mem sticks, movies, consoles... and have only been attempted to be scammed once on a broken Atari lynx, but I out smarted the guy when he told pay pal I never sent it back and I gave them the tracking number.

just be careful and use your brains people
    I have bought at 2 different time from a power seller on ebay 2 g sony mem card for $49.00

With no problem

Default Check power sellers

Quote Originally Posted by crypysmoker
    I think anyone who gets scammed on ebay that its thier own fault.

IF you buy a 360 box... its your own fault for jumping at the BUY IT NOW instaed of reading though.
    IF your gullable enough to belive everythign you see without reading any descriptions.. again its your own fault.
    They are required to put full descriptions.. and those consoles boxes you speak of say int he aiction THIS IS THRE BOX ONLY... but noone reads it.

If something looks to good to be true ... like a 2gb mem card for $50.. then it is.
    Just have common sense people, and use those reading and detail skills you should have learned in primary school.
    I have gotten countless psp games, mem sticks, movies, consoles... and have only been attempted to be scammed once on a broken Atari lynx, but I out smarted the guy when he told pay pal I never sent it back and I gave them the tracking number.

just be careful and use your brains people
    I have bought at 2 different time from a power seller on ebay 2 g sony mem card for $49.00

With no problem

Quote Originally Posted by joshyouwaa
    Who gives a f*** about ebay?!! this is PSP-NEWS!!!Why the crazy thread name?----maybe to boost lik-sang and success hk mem card sales???? somthings fishy
    this isnt psp news ... and it has to do with gaming because he stated do you think there will be rip offs with ps3 and wii sales

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    Ebay has its good points but also some very bad points, auctions of Fake mem cards, auctions of Xbox360 boxes and well the list is countless.

With the PS3 and the Wii coming soon are we to see another round of scams and dodgy auctions?

Have you ever been scammed on Ebay?
    Ahem...

Yes.

We got scammed out of an FFVII game, so its very likely the scamming will began!

I dont use ebay but use a new zealand tradign site called "trademe" which is quite similar.

Havent had any nightmarish moments. But the psp i bought was covered in dead pixels and some buttons were stuck (i was told it was like new) and bought hair dye at one point as well that had cracks in the case and leaked.

Its easy to be exploited on trading sites the likes of ebay. Doesnt matter how smart you are or how much you read through the deal there will be people out there willing to cheat people out of good money, we're all human here and sometime temptaion gets the best of us and we do stupid $#@! liek buy xbox 360's....boxes...(i'd regret just buying the 360 itself)

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    Ebay has its good points but also some very bad points, auctions of Fake mem cards, auctions of Xbox360 boxes and well the list is countless.

With the PS3 and the Wii coming soon are we to see another round of scams and dodgy auctions?

Have you ever been scammed on Ebay?

Post your experiances and advice for others Via Comments.
    wraggster, why are you always right???

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information