Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tutorial - How To Make Your Nintendo Wifi USB Connector A SoftAP

How can I uninstall this program? Because I just bought a D-Link wireless internet for 30$, and this wireless USB ninitendo thing won't go away > : (

My connection works and hooks up just fine, but after a while, my Nintendo USB dongle stops. The computer says the wireless connection is still active, but I can't connect my DS to the Wi-fi.

The light on the dongle stops flashing, if that helps any. What must I do to fix that?

DCEmu Newbie

will this work on ds lite?

DCEmu Newbie

In Step 6 when I switch over to SoftAP mode, I get an error message stating "Cannot copy driver to system directory" So eh...I'm lost.

Wow nice steps! Thanks! (Running XP) One problem though, when trying to install the drivers to the USB, it says the "Microsoft licience" thing, I hit continue anyway and it comes up "The file 'rt25usbap.sys' on Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector CD is needed. Type the path where the file is located and hit ok"

Any idea of how to get around this? Thanks!

DCEmu Newbie

Default Help

LOL I can't even get pass the 1st step

Ok, the video shows the divers being install in the BUFFALO WLI-U2-KG54-YB dive. But, where do I find this BUFFALO WLI??

Also, will this make my laptop go wireless? Or is it just for psp/ps3..ect

Sorry for being a noob here.

NDS re: How to connect a Soft AP WLAN to an existing wired network using ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Mike83 View Post
    Can this work if I have a setup as followed:

I am using the cable modem my ISP gave me, connected to the main computer via USB. This then shares its internet via a wired network connection and ICS with a second PC.

If i wanted to add wireless to this set up for the Wii. Would it work, and if so, is it simple to do?

Thanks
    You probably already know this, and I'm not so much replying to you as telling other n00bz how to do it, but that's a big, fat :thumbup:, good buddy. Here's my setup, and how I got it to work;

1x PC running Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
    1x USB ADSL modem set to auto-obtain IP address (I'm sure DSL/Cable modems via USB will work too)
    1x NIC, IP 192.168.0.1
    1x Xbox 360, connected to NIC via crossover ethernet cable
    1x Playstation 3, same (though not at the same time as the Xbox 360, and vice versa)
    1x Nintendo DS Lite
    and, of course, 1x Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector

Firstly, complete the installation process as detailed in the OP. Now, after you've finished, and are testing your DS's connection with a NWFC-enabled game, you may find that your DS won't connect, and will give you an error code - 52100, I think. This happened to me too, and it's because ICS can only work for one type of connection - in my case, I had it connecting to my local area connection (LAC from now on), so it wouldn't share with my new wireless connection.

The solution to this problem was to open Network Connections in Control Panel, select both the LAC and the wireless connection, and bridge the connections together. This makes both connections use the same private IP, in my case, 192.168.0.1. From there, I opened the wireless settings dialog, clicked on config, went to the Soft AP tab, drag-n-dropped the LAC from the "Available Network Connections" window to the "Home Network" window, and then clicked Apply. After a few seconds, the setting was applied, and I clicked OK to exit the settings dialog. I then tested all the machines' connections to the Internet, and all turned out OK. I then tried connecting with both my DS (wireless) and my 360 (wired), and both connections worked without a hitch - SUCCESS!!!

Now, I'm wondering if I can get my 60gig PS3 to connect to the wi-fi dongle, whether on its own or together with the DS (I have a feeling that doing that with the 360 would present no problems, as long as all the private IPs were different, as they should be) - hell, maybe it'd work with all three together (DS & PS3 wireless, 360 wired)! I guess I'll try that out later...'cos right now, I need to sleep...zzzzzzzzzz...

DCEmu Newbie

I've got everything working up until the part where I test my DS with the connector, what happens is that the connector is receiving the data but it isn't transmitting any of it, any suggestions?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstevie View Post
    Wow nice steps! Thanks! (Running XP) One problem though, when trying to install the drivers to the USB, it says the "Microsoft licience" thing, I hit continue anyway and it comes up "The file 'rt25usbap.sys' on Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector CD is needed. Type the path where the file is located and hit ok"

Any idea of how to get around this? Thanks!

Use the location of the "Drivers" folder from the nin_wifi_Fullpack.rar file you downloaded

DCEmu Newbie

hi im having some troulbe with this....im trying to connect my psp to the internet with the nintendo wifi usb adapter..everything on the pc part went fine but when i try to do it on the psp it screws up...i try to test the connection and it says this:

A connection error has occured
    A connection to the access point could not be established.
    Check the security settings for the network and try again.

Connection Name: NWCUSBAP
    SSID: NWCUSBAP

someone try and help please

thanks

Dthruking

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information