Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GameStop Forcing Trade-Ins for PS3, Wii Reserves?

when i go there on monday ill ask the guy if i can jsut put down 50$ cash for it. if not then game stop is gay. and ill just reserve from nintendo online.

DCEmu Rookie

yeah, these places are total crooks. I don't buy used games/accessories cuz I know someone got ripped off, I instead go to Fry's electronics to buy my things

DCEmu Newbie

I've always felt that folks that continue to shop at gamestop get what they deserve. Gamestop is the seedy pawn shop of the video game business. Where pawn shops prey on the down and out trying to make ends meet, Gamestop primarily prey's on kids to impatient to save their money or sell their games at anything close to real value.

There are dozens of alternative methods, heck even blockbuster will give you more for them if you insist on going the "rip ourself off" route of selling your games to a retailer. Better yet try GTZ, Craigs List or even Ebay.

Forcing your customers to work harder at ripping themselves off just for the "benefit" of preordering is wrong on so many levels. Employees tend to make the argument that there is a "cost of doing business" but when it takes a 300-400% profit margin on customer "trade-ins" then you have a crappy business model.

Do the math people, seriously look at the value of what your trading, explore other options. Dont rip yourself off on the hopes of being one of the few that get one of their shortlisted allocation on launch day. There are far easier and more surefire ways to get one day one...just use your head.

Anyway for the sheep still dumb enough to fall for this...enjoy trading your $300 worth of games and consoles for your $50 non-guaranteed preorder. The more the merrier since it will ensure more are available at places like target and wal-mart for us "non-hardcore" but evidently more intelligent gamers.

Great rant Blueraja!

I rather pay $100 in cash...

i'd rather pay 150$ in cash and have that 150$ taken out of the price.

gamestop is gay with trade-ins and $#@! here is what they do:

you sell a game to them for 3-4$
    then they sell it used for 20-30$

get it?

do you guys think its okay that i sell my ps2? its pretty old and i dont have much games for it and im thinking of selling it to save up for a wii or ps3, its the old big ps2 model and i have had it for 3 years, i dont even think its worth more than $80

I think they only accept games for this offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Video_freak
    I think they only accept games for this offer.
    omg are you serious, because i want to keep my ps2 games so that i could play them on the ps3 so i thought it was okay to sell my ps2 to gamestop so it go towards my ps3 purchase, damn gamestop is lame

man i traded in my ps2 a couple of months ago, and they are a bunch of @ss Holes >< just $40 because i didn't have the disk for my hdd adapter WTF they sell the adapter for the same damn price.

bunch of rip offs... the hell with Lame Stop, id rather pre order off a website cuz of no taxes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information