Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GameStop Forcing Trade-Ins for PS3, Wii Reserves?

Blog Entries

ps3 GameStop Forcing Trade-Ins for PS3, Wii Reserves?

A reader sent in this pic of what he says is an upcoming GameStop ad showing that they will require gamers to trade in $50 worth of their stuff to snag a pre-order for the Playstation 3 or the Wii. As always take this with a grain of salt. It could be that this is just one of the ways the retailer is pushing pre-orders, or the whole thing could be made up. Fortunately, we should find out by Monday, when these signs are set to go up.

Screen Via Comments

why stuff and not cash i'm wondering...hmm...

DCEmu Regular

I'll be totally ****ed if they make me trade stuff in to get a preorder. They get my money no matter what, why would they demand I give them my stuff? -_- Especially considering they pay so little per game, I'd have to sell back 7+ games just to get that.

I'll be preordering elsewhere if they do that.

DCEmu Rookie

the plan is that they make more than 50 dollars selling your stuff back to people.

DCEmu Newbie

That seems a little unfair if its the only way. I've got mine pre-ordered from gamestation in the UK 7th on the list with a £20 deposit.

It may be for people who want a preorder but haven't got the bucks to put a deposit down.

It may be for people who want a preorder but haven't got the bucks to put a deposit down.
    if that were the case they would have stated that preorder payment by cash also applicable...most likely a $$ churning scheme

WHAT THE F**K?@?!?!? I AM NOT TRADING IN 20 OF MY GAMES TO GET A FRIGGIN WII.

seriously, game-stop gives you SH*T money for the games you sell them!! i sold them a copy of "Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire" for DS in MINT CONDITION (i never played it) and what do they give me? 2$..........then a couple days later i see it on the wall: "Used: 24.99"..... WTF IS WRONG WITH GAME STOP???? if i have to friggin trade in 25 of my games to get a wii ill go pre-order from nintendo!!

"we buy and sell games!" huh?? more like:

we buy games for crap money and sell them for 8x what be bought them for!

You can only get a good enough amount of store credit if you trade in either DS or 360 games or games that are really new.

I really hope they don't make us trade in crap for this. But at least I know they will have reserves soon.

they'r plan is to get even more used games to sell so it atracts people, i mean about 200 people are gonna wanna reserve a wii or ps3, multiply that by 20 (the abrage of game that need to be sold to get $50 in credit) and you get= 4,000, so if a total of 200 people DO reserve a wii or a ps3, then they are gonna have 4,000 used games ready to sell, and that is alot of money that they will be getting, not to mention that it will also atract costumers if they see the store full of games.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information