Thread: Mode 7

Default Mode 7

First post here..

I've been using the TYL release of SNES9X and it's awesome (previously had a GP2X and it kicks the $#@! out of any SNES emulator on there), but I was wondering if there's any SNES emulator on PSP that can properly render Mode 7? I tried searching the forums but didn't really get anywhere. Sorry if this is a stupid question or anything.

DCEmu Newbie

itll be a while before mode 7 runs properly... i remember waiting on ever release on the pc snes emus to properly do mode 7.

starfox runs, just slow for now

Oh, I wasn't talking about SuperFX. Just Mode 7. It's such a commonly used effect for zooming and rotation on SNES games that it's kind of hard to find a game to play that doesn't use it.

Edit: http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unofficialsnes9xpsp.shtml This one has perfect Mode 7 rendering but it's definitely nowhere near as fast as yoyofr's TYL release. :/

DCEmu Newbie

oops sorry

DCEmu Coder

What's wrong with Mode 7 in SnesPSP_TYL? Did you get the latest version (4.2)?

mode 7 works fine for me....actraiser is great, 7th saga is a bit slow...

Ahh, I didn't know there was a 0.42. I was using the download for 0.41 that was still on this site.. got the updated version from yoyofr's site. It's working great. Thanks.

Thread Information