Thread: Best Console Ever

Default Best Console Ever

I have put this in the off topic forum so then it is fair, mine is gamecube

Default Re: Best Console Ever

I put PS1 cause of some of the fancy games i was playing before PS2 cameout and completely ruined the fun. Dreamcast for the emulation but then later found out how fun homebrew is and of course the good games that Sega and other lead companies produced for the system itself. My third is the Xbox for the emulation and many other things you can do with the system and like quzar said its like a PC which makes the system even more amazing and of course the good games.

Eric ;D

DCEmu Regular

hard question. I have a lot of favorites, from the 80's: Atari 2600, the one my Dad n me played on before he passed away in 1983, has a special place in my heart of course. I wish i hadn't thrown it away when i was 13. Every time i see one and get that "feel", i pick it up. I have lots of carts, but i'm still buying them.
    Lemme see NES, i got an NES in 1989 or 90, played it to deth, and still play it 2day.
    Intellivision, 'cause of the voice module ROX. Sega Genisis, quite nice, NEC TurboGrafx/ DUO i had tons of games for this and they got lifted during a robbery. sucked.
    I liked the PS1 when i got mine for xmas in 99, it had Namco Collection, and the cd player light show thing. I then bought a few more arcade collection games, YuGiOh, Forbidden Memories, billiards, Vampire Hunter D, and some puzzlers like Bust a Move 99. After i got my Dreamcast, the time i spent w/ my PLayStation began to dwindle and dwindle. I got mine, Christmas 2002, and i've been hooked ever since. The homebrew rox! The emus Rock, The Apps Rock, demos rock., etc. I hope to got an xbox probably next year. I'm not going to buy a DS, or a PSP until i feel better about them. I don't know. it seems the more time i spend collecting and hunting these toys down, the less time i have to enjoy them. quite the spot im in. Fill the shopping bags, or have fun? anyone else here in the same spot??

Im personnal a ps1 fan and even though SNES isnt on there, that is the system i was raised by. Dreamcast is great for all the stuff you can do though

Now I may seem bias (ok I am) but my choice is the Dreamcast. The DC is the greatest console because of its many abilities in homebrew and sega's own games. We should not forget that the DC is the precursor to the xbox. almost everything that the xbox does or features is a derivative of our beloved DC. (broadband = DC first), (memory unit = DC first), (controller = DC), Games like Halo , Splinter Cell and Fable originally developed for DC before sega pulled the plug > :-/ . but truthfully this should all be called best console maker because sega always was the cutting edge of machines. better than nintendo, sony, (yeah I said it!) 3DO. unfortunetly their machines were never tapped or marketed the right way and that's why we're at this point. oh and my point about sony is this http://www.sega-saturn.com/news/112102.htm I don't know if anyone has seen this vid (surely you must have, but if you haven't then see what sega was able to accomplish with a machine that was a pain in the butt to program for.) and just think what they could have done with that and what they could have done with the Dreamcast.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

when you complete shenmue 2 (on the dc at least) that video it an extra

Thread Information