Thread: 3% of All Gamers Obnoxious, Foul-Mouthed Kids

Blog Entries

Forum 3% of All Gamers Obnoxious, Foul-Mouthed Kids

Via Kotaku

If you're reading this, you're likely a heavy gamer. I'm not calling you fat. But according to the NPD Group, who just did a study amongst 16,670 participants, there's a 45% chance you are between the ages of six and seventeen. In other words, someone I really shouldn't be saying '****' around.

The study, whose sample is comprised of 16,670 participants between ages six and 44, found that 45 percent of the study's "heavy gamer" segment and nearly one-third of its "avid console gamer" segment (the largest group in the study) were between the youthful ages of six and 17. The findings contradict the wide belief that the most committed gamers fall in the coveted 18- to 34-year-old male demographic...
    Other highlights of the NPD's segmentation study include the finding that 21 percent of the heavy gamer segment is made up of females. In addition, the entire heavy gamer segment makes up a mere 3 percent of the overall gaming population.

Overall, it looks like the dominance of the 18 to 34 year old gamer is just a myth. In fact, heavy gamers only account for 3% of gamers overall. Might want to consider that next time you fake sick from junior high to write another obscenity-laced thesis on why the Playstation 3 is going to totally RULE.

Haha! I remember a video I saw on the web of this kid that wouldn't turn off the XBox and completly cussed out his mom...

Yay I'm one of the most committed gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Video_freak
    Haha! I remember a video I saw on the web of this kid that wouldn't turn off the XBox and completly cussed out his mom...
    you're fat :P

there's a 45% chance you are between the ages of six and seventeen.
    that applies to me...lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Video_freak

lmao, I used to do as I was told as a kid when turning off my consoles...

...I just turned them back on when nobody was around or went to bed!

Thread Information