Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How did you discover DCEmu? REBORN!

I used to all ways be on psp-hacks.com, but one day i was browsing google for homebrew when i came across this site. I sure am glad i found it, because it seems like psp-hacks only updated their news once or twice a week, while dcemu had constant updates almost 24 hours a day. I've been pretty much hooked since then.

I just typed in "PSP news" on Google and this site showed up. It brought me into the homebrew world!

I sort of migrated from the dcemulation.com site.. I was just some idiot their. I joined here to post screenshots and help with a compatability thread for the Chankast emulator when it came out (on my birthday). Sadly my post with the screenshots was looked down upon as the GDROM was never emulated, and thus, Chankast required either warez or a somewhat complicated ripping process to do almost anything on Chankast. As dcemulation.com was always my news source for everything dreamcast homebrew and the fact that wraggster did what i felt was a better job of news posting I stuck around here, became a respected user and became a mod back when idiots with their PSP's were just discovering what "emulation" and "homebrew" was.

I also invented the internets.

a week after psp release i had heard about the web browser on psp, did a bit of research somehow found out that emulation was possible on psp, went to google, typed "psp homebrew" and i would always mingle around until i finally registered back in feb of 06 because downloads became restricted to members only.

Btw this has to be the best psp site ever

i knew the site on the year 2000, i havent put attention till october, homebrew and hacks on the psp? i was like wow, i checked on google and obvious that this site appeared, by december, my first homebrew was step mania for psp, then downloaded other stuff here, this site rocks, nice people, educted.................
    love it

Quote Originally Posted by 1timeuser
    I sort of migrated from the dcemulation.com site.. I was just some idiot their. I joined here to post screenshots and help with a compatability thread for the Chankast emulator when it came out (on my birthday). Sadly my post with the screenshots was looked down upon as the GDROM was never emulated, and thus, Chankast required either warez or a somewhat complicated ripping process to do almost anything on Chankast. As dcemulation.com was always my news source for everything dreamcast homebrew and the fact that wraggster did what i felt was a better job of news posting I stuck around here, became a respected user and became a mod back when idiots with their PSP's were just discovering what "emulation" and "homebrew" was.

I also invented the internets.
    Respected??!!?!?

I kid <3

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

i was a mod and newsposter at boob.co.uk. (2002-3 i think)Wraggs at the time posted pretty much all the news at dcemulation.com, and i had a wee rivalry with him ( beat him in posting news).

One day which hunting for news, i found dcemu.co.uk before it was launched. Wraggs said that he was impressed that i found it and asked me to join, i agreed ( at the time i saw dcemu.co.uk to be a potenial replacement for consolevison.com, i site i loved till it fell apart)... then he bump a few of us to admins, and he has not been able to get rid of me since

I'll give mine I guess. I'd been a regular at DCEmulation.com for years and over time had been staff there as well as at Boob and Consolevision. Consolevision was all beginning to fall apart and I just managed to find DCEmu.co.uk one day and realised it was Wragg's project (I'd known him for yonks from the scene and from chatting on irc from the early days) I'm not sure if Lyonhrt or Darksaviour were involved yet (probably were) and I liked the idea of the site, so I offered my services for a redesign (The v1 of the site was a rehash of a different site's design if anyone remembers it) I quickly got promoted to admin and have been helping out behind the scenes ever since.

There's a ton of scene politics inbetween i've carefully missed out.

I found the site many moons ago after searching for DC homebrew. I never joined up until I really started getting into PSP homebrew. Now it's like the 3rd site I go on daily and the one I trawl in the most.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information