Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How did you discover DCEmu? REBORN!

i spend a good load of time here :P
    find it a perfect way of spending leisure time...lol

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I discovered this site back in the first days of hello world when I was wandering around google looking for "emulators for systems" to be exact. Eventually I came across a site called "PSPhackers.net" and slowly learned about the Hello World and the the early coders of for FW 1.0. Frustrated at the fact this site had so many ads and spyware hidden on it I began searching around again going from one crappy PSP site to the next until I made my way here. After learning the release of the swaploit and seeing a guy named Sougen release a near full speed Genesis emu on these boards I decided to register. Eventually I became hooked and unlike other sites in the past I saw my self coming back every day to both PSP-News and these forums.

Eventually 1timeuser (who was once the only PSP mod) reccomended me to Wraggs and I got involved in the staff side of things. Around this time I also started to dabble in DS and DC homebrew. After some time I started doing more and more site work and even a little news posting here and their across the other network sites.

Met a lot of great people since joining the site and the community has always been my favorite part of console homebrew.

*Interestingly enough, PSPhackers.net, the site with so many ads and warez, would eventually be bought out and re-introduced to the world as PSPupdates.

Just after DCemulation started its lack-of-updates agony... 2 or 3 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Video_freak
    I just typed in "PSP news" on Google and this site showed up. It brought me into the homebrew world!
    Ha lol thats the same thing that happend to me.

I was a lurker at Psp-Hacks.com (Because I googled "PSP Hacks" and found it). I have been following the PSP Scene since the first Hello World script came out for 1.00. I kept watching the scene, through them. Then, a user posted a comment (Like Nafogel's story) that said DCEmu was better, but I ignored it. Then, on Feb 23 2006, I heard about PSmonkey's N64 emulator, and the link brought me to this site. It looked great, so I decided to register.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser
    *Interestingly enough, PSPhackers.net, the site with so many ads and warez, would eventually be bought out and re-introduced to the world as PSPupdates.
    That's interesting! How do you know that, Kaiser?
    It makes sense, because PSPupdates is crap, dressed up!

Just after i bought my 2.0 PSP, I was searching google about Homebrew and eventually i found Fanjita's site and his Eboot-Loader. I've been using it for about a week but then i found out about the 2.0 Downgrader by MPH, downgraded my PSP and found this site after searching google "PSP 1.5 Homebrew" Wasn't very interested in DCEmu at the time, but after a month or so, I started posting and became interested in all this Homebrew and Emulation stuff and now, DCEmu is like my 2nd Home

Googled ''psp homebrew."

I did the same as Video_freak just searched PSP news found this place and then learnt about homebrew after that I was hooked now I come here everyday.

-!-
    /\

I was working in the coffee shop of a local bookstore when one of our regular customers came in with his psp.I started talking and he showed me the snes emu using swaploit,I was instantly hooked!!!
    I lurked around this and some other psp sites before I decided Dcemu is the best and decided to join the forums
    God this place rox!
    Absolutely the best psp site,best staff and forum members.Thanx for hooking us all up Wraggy

Funny story...I was getting harrased over at Qj.net PSP forums, because I told a personal experience of mine with some gangster wannabee teenagers trying to steal my PSP in a gas station from my niece who was playing it at the moment. I just said that I got to her at the exact moment they were trying to open my car door and try to steal it from her, while probably hurting her too and crap started to fall down on me because they thought I was trying to be "hard" and "cool" by telling my story.

...So, I said...this site (Qj) is full of morons (not everyone, but mostly everyone there)...I'm outta here...Googled PSP emulation, and walla! Here I've been, lovin' it ever since.

I remember meeting Bullhead at the time and he looked out for me through those pesky flaming coments at Qj...Man we really shut them up.lol

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information