Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Will You Ever Out Grow Video Games?

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

Quote Originally Posted by gunntims0103 View Post
    Once Bleach heat the soul 4 (PSP) comes out. Ill be fully devoted to playing that game and you probally won't see me post for a while.
    When does it come out? (I have 1+ 3)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gunntims0103 View Post
    Once Bleach heat the soul 4 (PSP) comes out. Ill be fully devoted to playing that game and you probally won't see me post for a while.

hopefully! (joke) lol

il bever grow out of video games its one of my life passions lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    il bever grow out of video games its one of my life passions lol
    nope, you probably bever will! :rofl:

Grow out of games? That's blasphemy! How could such a question even be asked?!

No, seriously though - as good as games get, I remember when I was a kid playing on my wood-effect Atari console, before I ever got my hands on a Commodore 16, and dreaming of the amazing games I could expect in the future. The Matrix, Star Trek Holo-decks, Red Dwarf TIV games, all as nothing compared to the possibilities conceived-of by my infant brain.

Now, with the way games technology has almost lived up to expectations in such a short time-frame, those possibilities are closer than ever!

I'll give up gaming when I'm bored of dreaming. :P

DCEmu Newbie

No way, I've been a gamer since I was 4, and I'll be a gamer forever

Blog Entries

Smile Oh wow, it's the VampDude life story in VideoGames

Quote Originally Posted by Bradman View Post
    No way, I've been a gamer since I was 4, and I'll be a gamer forever
    and how long ago was you 4?

I've been playing VideoGames for a good part of 20years, the first thing I can remember playing was a silver coloured pong thingy on a 14" tv, then some game on a ZX Spectrum 2, then I had the world of Atari 2600 which was short lived by me getting a NES when I was 5 which when I was 8 I got a GameBoy and a MegaDrive and when I was 9 I got a SNES, when I was 12 I got a Sega Saturn when I was 13 I got a GameBoyPOCKET+Camera&Printer, when I was 14 I got a N64, when Iwas 15 I stopped hating the PSone so much and traded just about everything (megadrive,saturn,snes,gameboyPOCKET/CAM/PRINTER, and loads've games) for a brandnew "DualShock" PSone with a 1mb SONYmemcard Spyro Tekken3 TombRaider3and GTA, when I was 16 I got a GameBoyCOLOR to play Pokémon (as sad as that sounds) when I was 17 I recieved my first DreamCast for my birthday, I got a PS2 on launch day, when I was 18 I got a GameCube, when I was 19 I found a WonderSwan whilst in America so I bought it, I also bought a GameboyAdvanceSP at the same time (to play YuGiOh), when I was 20 my GameCube died so I played PS2 instead but that died too so I bought a slimlinePS2, I bought another GmeCube when I was 21, I bought 2 PSP's when I was 22 plus a 2nd DreamCast, I got an Xbox360 for my 23rd birthday but didn't want it cause it wasn't a Premium pack Xbox360 which little less than 2 months later I got a Wii (well 2 cause I sold one on ebay)...

...Wow that's my story, which I am sure there is some stuff that is missing but this is all I can remember in a span of tying this in less than 15 mins which now my brain is on the blink!

Wow - that's some list.

In my case, my parents weren't particularly well-off, so my gaming history is sporadic.

I had an Atari VCS (a 2600 before they were called "2600"s)... or should I say, my dad had one when I was yay-high to something not very tall. He sat up for a couple of days once, just to see what happened when you maxed-out the level counter on PacMan.

It resets to zero, by the way. He was very disappointed.

Can't be bothered trying to remember the chronology, but my history took a twist with a cast-off C16, and I reprogrammed the very BASIC 'Mr. Puniverse' so I could shortcut through a radioactive room and complete the game. I then had an Atari 520STFM, which further tickled my geeky-bone. I moved on up to the heady heights of a super-fast 16MHz (25MHz with the turbo button down) Octek 386 mainboard, custom-built PC... but I never did get around to installing a sound card.

At one time or another, I had both a Sega Megadrive and a Playstation (pre-dual-shock), and during a long, penniless stay in Ireland, my old, decrepit 386 died a noisy death - the hard-drive's heads fused to the disk one day, tore away from their armatures, and made a lovely crunching noise as they were spun into a thousand little, burned-out pieces inside the drive unit.

The Playstation (now dual-shockified) saw me through some miserable times until my return to London, whereupon I embarked on a new project. The PC I built back in 2001 is the one I'm using right now... though there is little of the original hardware installe din it any more; mainboard, CPU, RAM, hard drive, and graphics card have all been replaced in the last half a decade, such is the pace of evolution in PCs.

This Christmas gone, I purchased a PS2 for my old man. My dad has now completed Resident Evil 4's various modes (including Pro) several times, and complains that other games just don't match-up to it. I think he'll probably go in for another blast on it when he gets bored of his latest purchases.

I can't play on the PS2 for long without getting extremely frustrated with the joypad's severe limitations as compared to my trusty high-res optical mouse and keyboard (supplemented by a Thrustmaster DualPower for the odd racing game), but it keeps my dad happy for hours on end.

I never did learn much more about coding. I realised in time that I hadn't the skill or patience to code anything half as well as it had already been done a thousand times. Nowadays, my fast-aging PC gets treated more like a games console that just happens to be good at other things too.

Strange how things work out.

I dont think I'll ever grow out of video games. I'll probably slow down my playing time in a few years (i'm 25), but I dont think that quitting and not playing again is something I have in me.

And I've been free of Magic the Gathering for 2 years! Tried to quit a couple of times before and got pulled back in. At least video games didnt form horrible money costing withdrawls like Magic, since I have an extensive library of games!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dhraad View Post
    At least video games didnt form horrible money costing withdrawls like Magic, since I have an extensive library of games!
    Cool, I have an extended games library. I have a collection here (at my parents house), and a collection at my grandparents house...

...Thou I miss my collection at my grandparents house, and I've started re-buying games I already have on the Sega Saturn the Dreamcast and a few games on the Wii's Virtual Console.

I'm addicted to videogames! (both new and old)

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information