Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First time coder

ok i have the 2.8 firware so im trying to make a homebrew or that, i just need help and it says uur a coder so im asking for help on that
    also, do u have aim or msn messenger becuase it will be easier to talk on there

GP2X Coder/Moderator

If you have 2.8 then you are going to tons of trouble with the TIFF SDK when you don't know how to code.

You still haven't stated properly what you aim is. IF you want to learn how to program, do it on the PC. I will be on the IRC channel for DCEmu for the the next 10 mins. After that, I am off to bed.

well my aim for psp coding is i wanna help out the homebrew scene lol..i hate sony just as much as the rest of the people that are coders. plus ive played enough homebrews so i think its time i learned to help and i dont know where the irc channel is

sorry for off topic but on the subject of cygwin its a pain getting it to work, i wish it could be done through vs 6.

GP2X Coder/Moderator

In which case my original reply STILL STANDS:
    Quote Originally Posted by yaustar
    If you are truely a first time coder, forget the PSP completely. Learn a language and the concepts on the PC (the easiest platform and environment) then develop for other hardware later when you have a much better idea of what is involved.

If you intended to learn C/C++ then look at my article on 'Where to Start C++ Programming'.
    http://parabellumgames.no-ip.org/articles/

However, Python is one of the easiest langauges to grasp and allows you to learn the concepts easily. Used with Pygame (SDL bindings) and you can easily make games out of it.

Another alternative is C# (a great OO language) with the ever improving XNA SDK. However this limits you to the PC and Xbox360 for development.
    In a nutshell, learn to program ON THE PC. Worry about the PSP later.

Quote Originally Posted by Anger
    sorry for off topic but on the subject of cygwin its a pain getting it to work, i wish it could be done through vs 6.
    Can't you create a makefile project in VS 6?

ok ok wow u sound kind of irritated or something. im just trying to get some actual help but ur saying start with the pc coding, so i will take ur advice

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Marginally, since I stayed up to answer your queries only to come back a full circle to my FIRST reply.

ok well im sorry about that since i only half understand all of this, so casn u please guide me ,whenever u have time, on C++ programming for the PC. I went to that link u gave me and it kind of confused me and didn't really give me anything to work with. It didn't tell me where to get started. So if you or anyone else can help me it would be greatly appreciated. And if you don't want to stay on here then you can email me instructions or websites anytime at [email protected]

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Well considering the link I did give has an article with 31 links to information, I am not sure what more you need. Section 1.2 has four links alone to provide direction. Can you be more specific?

Ok I'm sorry for keeping you from going to bed, you can go to bed if you want. But what I was saying was I need something that goes step by step like the PSP Programming on PSP-Programming.com, which is what I was using. But I will check those sites you gave me. Thanks for the help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information