Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: PSX-P Release Tommorrow - Playstation Emulator for PSP :)

I'm definitely looking forward to spyro. is it possible to rip my old ps1 discs straight from my comps disc drive, or do you need some special tool, or do you have to download them???

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by Nafogel
    I'm definitely looking forward to spyro. is it possible to rip my old ps1 discs straight from my comps disc drive, or do you need some special tool, or do you have to download them???
    Well I've heard a lot about Alcohol 120% & Daemon Tools. I have Alcohol 120% but I'm not 100% clear on how to convert my PS1 games to ISO/BIN.

PSP Coder

I really hope I dont piss off yoshi by doing this but....

Guys it's 100% real. I've been trying out an early build today. Its cool but slow (i know why and its not over the lack of a recompiler). So don't get hopes up for long ps1 gaming sesions. Yet Still its a good first release and it leads to very high hopes for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar
    Well I've heard a lot about Alcohol 120% & Daemon Tools. I have Alcohol 120% but I'm not 100% clear on how to convert my PS1 games to ISO/BIN.
    tnx, i'll google those and see what i can find

Quote Originally Posted by PlagueMusic
    if you hate umd piracy you wouldnt know what cso is :P

plus cso is for psp's isos only

it said "i love umd piracy" but dcemu admin set it to "hate" u big jumbo shrimp!!!!!

Default Alot has changed

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar
    Thank you for that link. That is a much more convincing video. This will be way too slow for my taste but the effort must still be commended.

If it is true and not just a rumor that Dark_AleX may attempt a dynarec for this then the future could be very, VERY bright.

I guess its time to gather a bunch of PS1 ISO's for performance and compatibility tests.

I hope some sort of compression can be used eventually.

Yes, I am VERY dissapointed with the speed of this. And I don't think there is sound either. Wasn't it boasted a while back that this would be released at FULL-SPEED by September 1st?

Im not 100% sure but i thought it originally was a french team putting together an emulator and it seems like only Yoshi has really been working on this Dark_Alex has been busy with getting homebrew on other psps and with decrypting firmwares so that could explain why they didnt hit the original date.

Also take into consideration that psmonkey could have been planning on helping out untill he was hired by a software company.

Also i do believe in the original forum I read that they will have iso compression and thats how $niper guessed that Alex would be in on the project.

Yoshi I hope this clears everyones doubts for you I have deep respect for you man and hopefully soon everyone else will.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnus
    Did you see the Batman & Robin video? It's the fastest-to-emulate game I've seen to date. If Batman Forever is running at that speed, expect 2FPS for Final Fantasy and 0.8 for Ridge Racer.
    Ermm $n!pr already posted a video of Ridge Racer, looks like its running at around 5 frames per second.

Alcohol 120% will do the trick. for your owned games you just need something else i hope they come out with a tool to shrink the PSX ISOS

Nice! Can't wait!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nafogel

HERE

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information