Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pc Engine Cd emulation???

Default Pc Engine Cd emulation???

The new version of Hue .70 says something about a bug fix for Ys 1 and 2. I cant figure out how to get cd games to run on any of the pc engine emulators. I cant find a tutorial or any posts on it. Should I leave the game zipped? make it into an iso? what. I read something about .toc files. Please help me, or direct me to help. Thanks

Hello

I am also trying to get PC-Engine CD games to run with HuE 0.70. Here is what I found about this so far by searching the internet:

Q: How do I play PC Engine CD/TurboDuo games?
    A: You must copy the ISOs and MP3s of the game zip to your memory card, along with a TOC (Table of Contents) file. You can then load the "Super CD-ROM2 System V3.00 (J).pce" rom and load the CD game. MP3s must be 44,000KHz 128Kbps stereo. (Google for how to convert your mp3s to the appropriate bitrate)

1. Create a text file for your ISO+MP3 CD image.
    2. Go to http://necstasy.emunova.net/ to find the table of contents for your image.
    3. Cut and paste the table of contents into the text file.
    4. Save the file as "gamename".toc (i.e. DraculaX.TOC)
    5. Place your game files with the TOC file into a folder on your memory card.
    6. Load Hue.
    7. Load the Super CD-ROM System rom.
    8. Load the TOC file from your CD Game folder.
    And here a link to a japanese site, important here is how they name the tracks there, if you don't give them just numbers the game won't run.

http://emugts.ddo.jp/pce_psp_cd.html

So far I got Langrisser and Fray working with HuE 0.70 however under both games the Audio Tracks did not work If you or someone else here is mor lucky or knows what still might be wrong, please let me know here

OK, by now I also tried it with Ys I-II (because the japanese readme of HuE 0.70 says indeed something about fixes for Ys I-II) and the same problem, the game runs fine and als sound is there as long as it is no CD Audio track

I did it exactly as said above (the mp3s are 44,000KHz 128Kbps stereo) and I renamed them as seen on a screenshot on that japanese site (01.mp3, 02.iso, 03.mp3...). Before you rename them like this, the game won't start at all, so it seems to be the right way.
    Finally I create that toc-file what I mount in the emulator, run the System Card like a Hu-Card game and press start.
    I also tried it with WAVE files one time, to see if it maybe is only a broken mp3 support but also no luck.
    In the end I also tried this with the latest emulator for PC-Engin games e[mulator] v0.82e but this one didn't even run the game.

Now, could someone here tell me if he or she ever managed to get a PC-Engine CD game running on the PSP with working CD Audio Tracks? I somehow get the feeling that it isn't working yet and so far I didn't read a success story yet, only about many more people who have the same problem like me.

The only thing that keeps me trying are those instructions I found and posted above, why should people write those if it is still not working completely and why telling people that mp3s have to be in 44,000KHz 128Kbps stereo??

Greetings!
    althena77

Wow didnt know this . Thanks i have to try it.

I think the sound works if you use pce instead of hue

@ Acidburn05: Welcome, please let me know your results, even if they should be negative like mine, I really would like to know other peoples experiences, so far I have read to many "I heard" or "it should" threads

@ jrsmaster411: Thanks, I just tried that one now too. Well, we are getting closer as the audio tracks here indeed work (everything with the iso, mp3, toc files is set up as said above).
    However the music tracks sound horribly messed up (they are not broken, tested them on my computer) and don't repeat when finished ones. Also I noticed while testing it with Ys I-II that when you enter the first dungeon the emulator fails switching to the music track of the dungeon and continues playing (or starts again when it finished ones) the overworld music.

But thanks anyway, as I said at least we are getting closer

This is killing me...I keep getting a toc read error...and then nothing. My toc file is ok. I don't know if the problem is my iso. I backed up all the files into the iso...so I can't go in to tweak the mp3s...but it was that or I couldn't extract the data.

Anything you guys recommend program wise for this one?

I am trying to do it for Castlevania - Rondo of Blood if that helps. And I have both HuE and PCEP on my card right now. HuE version 0.60 and PCEP 0.70

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I backed up all the files into the iso...so I can't go in to tweak the mp3s.
    Hello!

Do you mean you have one big iso for the whole CD and no separate files for the data and audio tracks of the original CD? My theory is that it is not working like this if you use a toc from Necstasy as in these tocs are listed all the tracks separately.
    So try to extract all the tracks from the iso or original CD as separate iso/mp3 files and rename the like this as I said above -> 01.mp3, 02.iso, 03.mp3...

It worked for me like this and in PCEP I even heard the mp3s as cd audio tracks, however with poor quality and they didnt loop when finished once.

Quote Originally Posted by althena77
    Hello!

Do you mean you have one big iso for the whole CD and no separate files for the data and audio tracks of the original CD? My theory is that it is not working like this if you use a toc from Necstasy as in these tocs are listed all the tracks separately.
    So try to extract all the tracks from the iso or original CD as separate iso/mp3 files and rename the like this as I said above -> 01.mp3, 02.iso, 03.mp3...

It worked for me like this and in PCEP I even heard the mp3s as cd audio tracks, however with poor quality and they didnt loop when finished once.
    What program did you use to extract each track? I was using Alcohol 120% and I could only get it to extract as a BIN file. Then I converted it to an ISO through...awww...shoot, I forget what program I used. I'll have to play with it a bit. Does the TOC file go in the zip?

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    What program did you use to extract each track? I was using Alcohol 120% and I could only get it to extract as a BIN file. Then I converted it to an ISO through...awww...shoot, I forget what program I used. I'll have to play with it a bit. Does the TOC file go in the zip?
    I used cddissect to extract the data tracks as iso files and the audio tracks as mp3 files. It is a small command line tool made by XPort (the great guy who made so many great ports of emulators and games for the old Xbox). He made this little program to rip mega cd games and pc engine cds easy and using them with his emulators on Xbox. But you can use these rips on the PSP as well, you just need to rename the tracks and create the toc yourself (unfortunately you can't use the CUE the tool creates for you on the PSP).

I am not sure about the zip file, I just put all the files (toc, mp3s, isos) together in one folder and copied it on the ms.

If you are not familiar with command line tools, don't worry, this one was made by XPort to make ripping cds easy, in fact you just have to enter one command and the rest is done automatically.

You can download it here:

http://xport.xbox-scene.com/cddissect_v1.2.zip

Here you can read the readme:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=266858

You need ASPI layer installed on your system and the file lame_enc.dll (for making the mp3s) has to be in C:\WINDOWS\system32.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information