Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950 LastLast

Thread: PSX-P Beta 1 Released - Playstation Emulator for PSP

DCEmu Newbie

Red face

well ill start from the beggining thx everyone whos hard work paid off in this project. lol. its great.

the only thing i am asking of this emulator is to play ff7 on my psp. It is my favorite game of all time.
    i have tried puting it in iso with isobuster and magiciso whick makes it .uif file (whatever that is)

what i am really asking is how to take my ps1 game and put in in my computer, then code it to an iso file playable in my psp. if i can play ff7 it will be the best day eva.

thx everyone

Wait if Yoshi left the scene, I don't think anyone is working on this project any more. Unless Pac Man fan, decides to pick it up again, which I'm not to sure of.

Yoshi hasn't left yet. He's gonna finish PSX-P and it will be his last project he works on for PSP.

DCEmu Coder

Hmm. I wonder what he calls "finished" though?

Also I think it was said that he would release "one more version"... well that's OK if he considers it finished at that point.

I just hope it plays some games I like, and at a decent speed... sadly I (or my favorite games for that matter ) didn't have much luck with the first beta.

DCEmu Newbie

well i got the ff7 iso and lol it goes to the screen where it says
    CONTINUE
    NEW GAME
    with the sword behind it then when you click new game the screen goes green and blanks. then you lose power. I MIGHT tinker (using tinker in the lightest form) with this emulator and help it on its right track . dont worry pac-man i wont use your program info like yoshiro did. i would love it if my psp could play ff7 and i am sick of waiting on sony who says "it will come with ps3" well they keep pusing the realease date back and its geting old. i have figured out how yoshiro codded this and got it up and running. ill keep you guys posted as often as possible

dcemu rock on!

DCEmu Newbie

i hope to have a full speed emu up and running soon

DCEmu Newbie

o and many thanks to gpsp i have loved your speed and compatibility and am using much of your discovery to help me in myn

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnus
    Hmm. I wonder what he calls "finished" though?

Also I think it was said that he would release "one more version"... well that's OK if he considers it finished at that point.

I just hope it plays some games I like, and at a decent speed... sadly I (or my favorite games for that matter ) didn't have much luck with the first beta.
    Although it doesn't have good button support you can always fall back on you Palm until PSXP improves or until PS1P improves. Do you have a 700p now? I will always hold a great deal of respect for you because of the work that you do with LJP and LJR.

Edit: Tinnus, do you think it's possible to have UDMH for PSP?

DCEmu Newbie

how does the l and r buttons work? theres 2 l's and R's but psp has one of each? so how does it work?

DCEmu Coder

mavsman4457: There's no need for, and no sense in, having UDMh for PSP. What happens in Palm OS is that the OS doesn't let programs use the full available RAM, but the PSP lets. So we don't need anymore memory.

I think we have more than 20MB already...

ramzak: L2 and R2 aren't mapped I think. Most games don't need them, and also you won't be seriously playing anything in this emulator, at least for now, simply because it's too damn slow and compatibility is low--I couldn't get any of the games I like to run, except Ridge Racer (and I think it crashed inside the game).

At least for this first version, it's cool to show off, but nothing spectacular (since it's just a port of PCSX + PEOPS GPU), nor playable.

Thread Information