Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Tutorial] Getting Reverse devhook to work on 2.71

Default [Tutorial] Getting Reverse devhook to work on 2.71

Ok, since i got back from school and there's no tutorial so i've decided to make one

Couple of things
    If u're using a 2.6 or 2.5 ta-082 mobo deciding to upgrade, you may want to dump your firmware first. this will allow u to use your old firmware through devhook on 2.71. I'd recommend fileassistant 0.06 tiff version.

You may also want to chage the settings of the files in the HEN folder to be Read-only. After using it a couple more times it didn't seem to work but the moment i replaed them, it worked again...lol.

What u need:
    a .bmp file
    HenB
    Devhook launcher for 2.71

This is what i did to get it running, thus there may be some files which are not requried but i added them anyway. Any extra information that can be provided will be extremely helpful to make this tutorial better.

Step 1: Get the files from the devhook launcher and HEN, shift them onto your psp.

Removable Disk F
    dh
    PSP
    -MUSIC
    -GAME
    --%__SCE__DH_ENG
    --__SCE__DH_ENG
    --DH_ENG271
    -PHOTO
    --HEN
    -SAVEDATA

Step 2:
    Inside the dh folder, there are other folders like 150 , 150F, 260 etc

U place the 1.50 dump inside the 150 folder (both the flash0, flash1 and reboot.bin) and i'm not too sure if this is necessary but i placed a copy of the flash0 from the 1.5 dump inside the 150F folder

Step 3:
    Quote Originally Posted by BL8Z3D247
    also a little trick i picked up while doing this for a friend
    To make the "hen" patch to load ALOT easier:
    1. place a .bmp in /psp/photo
    2. highlight the .bmp
    3. press X
    4. hit home
    5. move to HEN folder wait 3 sec
    5. press start (will crash) but should work
    6. reboot
    7. do steps 2-5
    8. When on the HEN folder hit x
    wad i did was set my wallpaper to a .bmp...lol

Step 4:
    Run Hen, cross your fingers, pray to God wish upon a shooting star and if it's the first time u're running it, a green screen represents you're good to go and it'll reboot to the xmb. If it's red, try again and keep trying until you get the green screen.

Step 4:
    Go to the game menu and run devhook 0.4X for 2.71. Select 1.5 firmware. It'll pop out a game could not be started error and u'll pop up at the 1.5 XMB. Have fun.

Step 5: This step was added after i used it more.
    You may want to make all the files that do not need to be overwritten as read-only.
    I'm currently facing loads of corrupted files and have no way to deal with them =/

Sweet tutorial Razorak, I'm super-psyched it worked for you!! How long have you waited for 1.5 on your TA-082!!

razorak check ur PM's

any1 know how to get rid of corrupted files on e psp?? EasyCorruption fixer doesn't work anymore.

if anyone needs the more stable Hen B go here http://dax.lan.st/ works the 1st time(crashes maybe 1 outta 6 times)

great Tutorial .. But Just a trick i found out to make the HEN to load all the time instead of keep trying over and over again I noticed that fanjitas tiff eLoader was way more stable than this so I delited the Picture in HEN called RAND and changed it to the one Named AAAA in the 2.71 eLoader that fanjita made and know it's so stable so it loads all the time

i'll see if it works...thanks for telling

Quote Originally Posted by razorak
    Ok, since i got back from school and there's no tutorial so i've decided to make one

Couple of things
    If u're using a 2.6 or 2.5 ta-082 mobo deciding to upgrade, you may want to dump your firmware first. this will allow u to use your old firmware through devhook on 2.71. I'd recommend fileassistant 0.06 tiff version.

You may also want to chage the settings of the files in the HEN folder to be Read-only. After using it a couple more times it didn't seem to work but the moment i replaed them, it worked again...lol.

What u need:
    a .bmp file
    HenB
    Devhook launcher for 2.71

This is what i did to get it running, thus there may be some files which are not requried but i added them anyway. Any extra information that can be provided will be extremely helpful to make this tutorial better.

Step 1: Get the files from the devhook launcher and HEN, shift them onto your psp.

Removable Disk F
    dh
    PSP
    -MUSIC
    -GAME
    --%__SCE__DH_ENG
    --__SCE__DH_ENG
    --DH_ENG271
    -PHOTO
    --HEN
    -SAVEDATA

Step 2:
    Inside the dh folder, there are other folders like 150 , 150F, 260 etc

U place the 1.50 dump inside the 150 folder (both the flash0, flash1 and reboot.bin) and i'm not too sure if this is necessary but i placed a copy of the flash0 from the 1.5 dump inside the 150F folder

Step 3:

wad i did was set my wallpaper to a .bmp...lol

Step 4:
    Run Hen, cross your fingers, pray to God wish upon a shooting star and if it's the first time u're running it, a green screen represents you're good to go and it'll reboot to the xmb. If it's red, try again and keep trying until you get the green screen.

Step 4:
    Go to the game menu and run devhook 0.4X for 2.71. Select 1.5 firmware. It'll pop out a game could not be started error and u'll pop up at the 1.5 XMB. Have fun.

Step 5: This step was added after i used it more.
    You may want to make all the files that do not need to be overwritten as read-only.
    I'm currently facing loads of corrupted files and have no way to deal with them =/
    I have followed this guide and also other guides but all i seem to get is a quick blue screen then a black screen then the psp just switches off.
    am i doing anything wrong? ive tried it about 100 times already and not getting anywhere.

Its just the HenB i seem to be having trouble with.

any help please?

when u get a blue screen it should reboot ur psp automatically if it doesn't reboot but if u get a blue screen without an automatic reboot u need to try it again and wait for both the blue screen and a reboot

are u using the improved binary version as Bl8z3d suggested? if it doesn't work, try changing the rand.jpg with th AAA.gif from eloader. If it still doesn't work, remove the copy of henb on your mem stick and then reinstall it, meaning make another fresh copy on your comp and transfer it to your psp.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information