Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: PS1P Official Announcement - DCEMU Exclusive - New PSOne Emu for PSP Coming Soon

DCEmu Legend

psp This could be what we've long been hoping for...

Quote Originally Posted by brainpan
    Who, I just found(and won) an auction for a 4gb pro duo. It cost me about 70 bucks. Here the link to the auction I won.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEBI%3AIT&rd=1
    Dude, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it looks like you may have gotten ripped off. That memory stick you win is obviously counterfeit/fake/bootleg. This is common on eBay with memory sticks. Notice how the auction makes a point to say they are not affiliated with SONY in any way and the memory stick has NO SanDisk or Sony logo. Don't be surprised if this memory stick is SLOOOOOW or conks out on you after a couple months. Let this be a warning to all.

Quote Originally Posted by dagger89
    Yes, ISO creation talk is allowed... otherwise how would we LEGALLY get games on the PSP.... Just use Alcohol 120 in psx mode
    Yeah, I'm sick of the "no ISO discussion" constantly being stated like we are all a bunch of 3 year olds that can't listen. The same way we are going to back up our OWNED PS1 games, we are also going to back-up are OWNED PSP games. With most people on 1.50 firmware now and with DevHook, lets accept and embrace that PSP ISO's have many advantages over UMD. For instance the new Bomberman game is great and can be made into a 59MB ISO. So what makes more sense, lugging the UMD around or just throwing it onto your 2GB or 4GB memory stick. Playing PSP ISO's does not mean you are a pirate. SELLING PSP ISO's means you are a pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase
    This is why I keep saying it's best not to hype emulators at all..
    Exopahse, you just RULE!!! I must use this time to again praise you on your gpSP GBA EMU. I am surprised at how quiet people are about gpSP. It is one of the most impressive and advanced works I've seen on the PSP. Thank you again! And you are right, hyping emulators is BAD BAD BAD. I give you so much respect for having been able to shock and impress us with gpSP out of nowhere which had to have been in development for quite some time. I also don't really care for Emulators to be released early. Unless they are really advanced and close to a working BETA or initial release. The PSX-P was over-hyped and should not even have been released. At best its a VERY early ALPHA or proof of concept.

Quote Originally Posted by vettacossx
    i also agree with exophase as a previousley posted i think as fast as nj managed to pull off the cps2 i think in a year we may have a playable ps1 emu
    Great point!!! And I must insist to everyone with a PSP that it is important to NEVER upgrade past 1.50 and downgrade to 1.50 if you have not already done so. Keeping 1.50 secures a long and happy homebrew life for your PSP and adds to the strength of the PSP homebrew scene. I say download all of your friends and family members PSP's and show them how to use DevHook. It is proven time and time again that if you wait patiently with your 1.50, GOOD THINGS ALWAYS COME. If I came home one day and found that someone had secretly updated my 1.50 to 2.80/2.81 I would seriously feel like a part of me died. It would be a tremendous loss. I don't want anyone to ever feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by snuffster
    actually buy some stuff instead of piratin everything like sony ows u somthin. learn to respect the company some what
    I too am sick of the SONY bashing. If it weren't for SONY we would not have this amazing PSP and all of the fun we enjoy with it. Also, commercial games are getting really good for the PSP now so go out and buy a couple. This is not a war between SONY and HOMEBREW. SONY is fighting homebrew so that game developers keep making great games for the PSP and have the peace of mind knowing that SONY is making it harder and harder for people to be able to pirate. SONY probably secretly enjoys the PSP homebrew scene. Or at least some of it.

::ABOUT THIS EMU::

I really think its great that DCEMU get this exclusively for the time being. I don't want this to be rushed. I would like to see something maybe by November, before SONY releases their EMU so that people don't upgrade their 1.50's just for a PS1 EMU. The BEST emulators are the ones that are not hyped and don't get released too frequently, etc. FOr instance, SNES9xTYL, DGEN, gpSP, Daedalus and NJ's Neo Geo & CPS1/2 EMU's. The coders behind these works don't give a new release everytime a new string of code is added to create "buzz" or get attention. They wait until they have a quality release and for that I respect them immensely. I hope there are many "SECRET" projects underway that we don't even know about and then someday out of the blue we are just blown away.

This is really great news for PSP homebrew and I am very excited about this. I saw the video of this running WITHOUT a dynarec and was impressed so WITH a dynarec, this will be mind blowing.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vekgar
    Yeah, I'm sick of the "no ISO discussion" constantly being stated like we are all a bunch of 3 year olds that can't listen. The same way we are going to back up our OWNED PS1 games, we are also going to back-up are OWNED PSP games. With most people on 1.50 firmware now and with DevHook, lets accept and embrace that PSP ISO's have many advantages over UMD. For instance the new Bomberman game is great and can be made into a 59MB ISO. So what makes more sense, lugging the UMD around or just throwing it onto your 2GB or 4GB memory stick. Playing PSP ISO's does not mean you are a pirate. SELLING PSP ISO's means you are a pirate.
    Correction distributing PSP ISO's will make you a pirate. We will allow PSX back-up discussion simply because its for an emulator of an old system. However this doesn't mean the doors are open for everything else. We have our own reasons for banning PSP ISO discussion. The rules won't change for those.

The rest of your post is right on the mark though.

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser
    We will allow PSX back-up discussion simply because its for an emulator of an old system. We have our own reasons for banning PSP ISO discussion. The rules won't change for those.
    Well this is probably the most respected PSP homebrew community so if you have your reasons, they are obviously good reasons and should be respected.

I don't want to sound like a smartass and I think this is a perfectly legitimate question that will someday arise. When will PSP ISO discussion be tolerated to a point? When the PSP2 is released? That would make the PSP1 an older system. SONY hasn't admitted it yet but you have PS1, PS2, and PS3 so its only a matter of time before PSP2. The PSP2 will likely be backward compatible with current UMD's but will also have UMD games specifically for PSP2. Most people with the current version of the PSP will likely have 1.50 firmware by the time a PSP2 is released and if more downgraders become available, the more and more 1.50 users we will have. With ever growing size of memory sticks and other storage options such as USBHOSFS and WiFi streaming, I think more and more people will back up there PSP games. So will there be a time when the rules are less strict in that regard?

i tried ebgames and gamestop but no luck.

but nobody seemed to answer my question, isnt gta london a expansion... like u insert the first gta then load the london? if so how is it possible in this emu

Edit: i think im thinking about the pc version but my memory is a bit glazy

anotha one. omg!!!!! thats amazing

PSP User

This is going to be so awesome!!

if i remember correctly there were supposed to be 3 psx emus, 2 homebrew and one by sony

this would be the second homebrew version i suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar
    The BEST emulators are the ones that are not hyped and don't get released too frequently, etc. FOr instance, SNES9xTYL, DGEN, gpSP, Daedalus and NJ's Neo Geo & CPS1/2 EMU's. The coders behind these works don't give a new release everytime a new string of code is added to create "buzz" or get attention. They wait until they have a quality release and for that I respect them immensely. I hope there are many "SECRET" projects underway that we don't even know about and then someday out of the blue we are just blown away.
    /\ /\ I totally agree with you on this (and the rest of your post if Im honest!) I wouldnt release something unless I was happy it was at least 99% finished - letting hundreds/thousands of people beta test the final 1% has to be sensible!

This is really great news for PSP homebrew and I am very excited about this. I saw the video of this running WITHOUT a dynarec and was impressed so WITH a dynarec, this will be mind blowing.
    /\ This is running way better than the early releases of Daedulus and look at what the dynarec is doing for that! If this is optimised fully it will be "mind blowing"! I (for one) cant wait to crack out FFVII on the move

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser
    Correction distributing PSP ISO's will make you a pirate. We will allow PSX back-up discussion simply because its for an emulator of an old system. However this doesn't mean the doors are open for everything else. We have our own reasons for banning PSP ISO discussion. The rules won't change for those.

The rest of your post is right on the mark though.
    That's not why we allow the discussion, regardless of the age it would still be piracy. The reason we allow the discussion is that it's legal to make backups from your own copies as long as you are not circumventing any copy protection (reason we can't discuss dreamcast backup) and as long as you aren't modifying the data.

Well this is probably the most respected PSP homebrew community so if you have your reasons, they are obviously good reasons and should be respected.

I don't want to sound like a smartass and I think this is a perfectly legitimate question that will someday arise. When will PSP ISO discussion be tolerated to a point? When the PSP2 is released? That would make the PSP1 an older system. SONY hasn't admitted it yet but you have PS1, PS2, and PS3 so its only a matter of time before PSP2. The PSP2 will likely be backward compatible with current UMD's but will also have UMD games specifically for PSP2. Most people with the current version of the PSP will likely have 1.50 firmware by the time a PSP2 is released and if more downgraders become available, the more and more 1.50 users we will have. With ever growing size of memory sticks and other storage options such as USBHOSFS and WiFi streaming, I think more and more people will back up there PSP games. So will there be a time when the rules are less strict in that regard?
    No. PSP backup discussion will never be allowed. Also, you're assuming a lot by thinking that sony is gonna stay in the game after the PS3.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

I have just eaten my hat. The string got caught in my teeth and now I need dental work. Thanks a bunch for making me wrong, PS1P emulator. F'n awesome news though!!!

Thread Information