Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Several PSP Items

Blog Entries

psp Several PSP Items

Several amusing and not so amusing items that need to be discussed openly.

Site Impersonations

Whilst it doesnt affect this site its rather sad that a site impersonates a coder on their forums so that they get the release thread.

Most of you know but if you dont the rather excellent Dark_Alex was impersonated by the people over at PS2Nfo over the release of one of his creations, its rather funny because the coder isnt even a member there.

Sad rating - 8

The Non Crediting Sites

Well heres a funny one firstly we have the newsposters over at PSP Spot who seem to post every PSP Scene release but only around 10% of the time ever post the source. Come on guys lets all play fair.

Then we have Maxconsole, a site thats of a decent size but wont link to any release from this site or QJ, yet they post all our news, sadly yesterday they posted the PS1P emu news and cut out the watermarks from my screens. For that i will now until the release put the watermark slap bang in the middle. If the scene is to move on lets all link properly.

Sad rating - 9

The GPL Wars

Lessons need to be learned over GPL releases and source codes, firstly some people were far too quick to jump down others necks, firstly i advise patience from all sectors, then contact the relevent parties and make sure no special permissions were given.

Then and only then ask for the source in a friendly manner. To all coders in this day and age people want your work and as an end user the GPL part annoys me, but if the release is subject to that then please try to accomadate.

Im sure everyone understands the need to protect the release of the people involved but remember all coders put a lot of time on projects. Sometimes a little bit of slack should be given.

Sad rating - 6

Hopefully all issues can be resolved and that all the different communities in the PSP scene can work as one. The flaming becuase of the GPL issue the other night was not neccessary at all. Lessons must be learned by all parties.

Thats it for now

Blog Entries

The linking from us to maxconsole stopped because for a long while they stopped to us, lets hope that everything can return to normal, this isnt a nasty newspost just hopefully one to pull all sites as one strong PSP scene.

DCEmu Pro

This is the friendliest, nicest, best and most original homebrew PSP Website I can think of, a big reason I post any of my PSP mods here and only here...

...Then Qj and other s$#@! steal them and reword it to look as if I posted it there...O well least we all know where it originally comes from

sounds fair..

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

to be fair on QJ they have got better.
    but Impersonating a coder! thats really low. (PS2Nfo)

Briggzy I'm with you on that this is the friendliest site and the best period. Thats why i don't even go to any other sites but this one. I really love this site.

DCEmu Newbie

It's kind of sad to see other sites try and make up news them selfs or steal and and take it as there own. Sites like that just want to get members to sell there e-mails to companies O.o.....

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69
    to be fair on QJ they have got better.
    but Impersonating a coder! thats really low. (PS2Nfo)
    How so have they gotten better. Just wondering

DCEmu Newbie

It's kind of sad to see other sites try and make up news them selfs or steal and and take it as there own. Sites like that just want to get members to sell there e-mails to companies O.o.....

Just use the edit button shuino it will remove it if you use it

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information