Thread: Oblivion Heads to PS3, PSP

Default Oblivion Heads to PS3, PSP

Yes, the rumors are true: Oblivion is heading to PlayStation 3, and an upcoming cover story in Official PlayStation Magazine has the exclusive first look.

Here's what we know so far. The game will introduce a new faction to the Oblivion world, one that's available right at the beginning called Knights of the Nine and described by the developers as "the good Dark Brotherhood." The goal here is to become the Divine Crusader (think part warrior, part priest), and the quest features new locations, characters, armor and weapons.

"Oblivion has these really good character archetypes for evil," says executive producer Todd Howard. "It has the Dark Brotherhood: You get your outfit, you feel like an assassin, you feel like an evil guy, [and] you role-play like an evil guy. We [didn't] have the opposite end of that. There [was] very little reward for being a goody two-shoes."

"As opposed to adding content that allowed your character to just experience new quests, we wanted to create something that allowed your character to become something new," he continues.

Fans may also be excited to hear that the series is heading to PSP in Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion, a game that plays very similarly to its big brother but takes place in a completely different setting.

For more information on both games, check out the cover story in the November issue of Official PlayStation Magazine, on store shelves soon. Check out the first screenshots of the PS3 game here, and look for many more in OPM.

Original News Story:
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154065

Lame.... Very lame... that's all I am going to say on the subject .

What's lame about it? I guess they could have done more for the PS3 version but I can't wait for an Elder Scrolls on PSP!

are thes extras for psp too? or just for ps3?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

the psp version is going to be different from the xbox360/ps3 version ( far smaller i would guess)

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Cooe14
    Lame.... Very lame... that's all I am going to say on the subject .
    What a pathetic thing to say. Yes the best reviewed game to date on the 360 is now coming to the PS3 with improvements and more content, how on earth can that be lame? More people get to play it and the game sells more units. Idiot.

^ what he said.

minus the whole idiot part

DCEmu Newbie

Default sweet

Lol, saw this coming a long time ago. Still awesome though, PSP may actually get a popular system-seller game. Wonder if the PSP version and PS3 version will interact between each other.

Thread Information