Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wii Homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by pibster
    Id pay for it, sure beats the heck out of doing all that work just to get that thing running.
    traitor...

i'm just kidding...kinda

Quote Originally Posted by 1timeuser
    people with morals.
    LOL its true.

DCEmu Old Pro The Hombrew Hunter's Avatar

I'm buying those games. 'Specially the ones I DON'T OWN.

I have heard you will be able to save your vc games on the sd, so i dint think it will take long for people to put all there games on the internet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by abeisgreat View Post
    I have heard you will be able to save your vc games on the sd, so i dint think it will take long for people to put all there games on the internet.
    all the games Nintendo are gonna be offering will probably appear on the internet within days (if not already there), nintendo will most certainly add a security coding on the downloads so that the games cant be transfered from wii -to- wii or pc -to- pc as it will be in most cases. Nintendo will be facing the same battle as SONY (with the psp) to prevent this sort of thing happening thou. I for 1 will be buying games directly from Nintendo, but not if the game is already in my gaming collection of games that will be many peoples argument not mine thou as I still own my NES SNES GAMEBOY/COLOR/A-SP and N64 and will refer to playing the older games on them instead of buying a ??ROM?? of a game I already own from Nintendo (are they even ROMs??? well they must be if in form of a file?)

I know nintendo will put some type of copy protection, but i think it will get cracked just like every other incription ever made

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by abeisgreat View Post
    I know nintendo will put some type of copy protection, but i think it will get cracked just like every other incription ever made
    everything gets cracked/hacked thesedays, but it's just a matter of when and what will Nintendo do to prevent it

Quote Originally Posted by CPU_Smarts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonikku88 View Post
    If people start making emulators for the Wii, I can't see Nintendo making much profit from the Virtual Console. <=D
    Lol i can, not a humongeous majority or people know about homebrew and things
    this is very true.

seeing as each Wii has a both a mac address and a friend code type thing[?] im guessing that each game will be assigned to these i.d.s it is also likely that the a certain key will be assigned to the Wii consoles onboard flash which is required to play the game [we know a record of every v.c. game is kept on the internal flash

id pay for the virtual console! GO NINTENDO!!! all i have to do is go to the mall @ my dad's house in MA and buy a simon gift card and i can use that to buy wii points. or i could just buy the wii points card =P

Quote Originally Posted by VampDude View Post
    all the games Nintendo are gonna be offering will probably appear on the internet within days (if not already there), nintendo will most certainly add a security coding on the downloads so that the games cant be transfered from wii -to- wii or pc -to- pc as it will be in most cases. Nintendo will be facing the same battle as SONY (with the psp) to prevent this sort of thing happening thou. I for 1 will be buying games directly from Nintendo, but not if the game is already in my gaming collection of games that will be many peoples argument not mine thou as I still own my NES SNES GAMEBOY/COLOR/A-SP and N64 and will refer to playing the older games on them instead of buying a ??ROM?? of a game I already own from Nintendo (are they even ROMs??? well they must be if in form of a file?)
    if you buy it with money the ROM is not illegal becuase it would be the same thing as buying the actual game from a store.

think of it as: you buy a chip that you can put into your wii and it loads a virtual console game into the wii's memory but once you use it, it turns to dust and explodes but instead you just buy the game and it downloads into your wii and then cannot be removed. or moved.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information