Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: psp unbricker?

DCEmu Newbie

Default psp unbricker?

I don't know if this is how its supposed to work but I had the weirdest thing happen. My friend gave me his psp to downgrade because he had 2.7 and I was going to install a custom firmware. So I took it home and downloaded the downgrader and got it all started. Went to red screen which is supposed to happen and then its supposed to crash. It didn't though. Just went to a black screen after a while and stayed there. I let it stay for ten minutes on the black screen before I unplugged it. I started thinking "crap, did I just brick my friends psp!?" So I turned it on and to my suprise.... brick. All I got was a black screen with the mem stick light blinking every now and then. I was scared to death and was thinking of what I could do. Then the idea hit me to stick in my memory stick and see if maby the psp was trying to write some files. As soon as i stick it in bam! My emulated 2.7 popped up. The same firmware that my devhook runs loaded! I tried running the downgrader on it from there but it didn't work. So here I was with a psp that only loaded on my memory stick. Then the idea hit me to try and load the recovery console since I had the cust firmware on my psp. Figured hey, if it can run my emulated firmware maby it can run the rec con. Rebooted with the power switch on hold and it worked! So I stuck the 1.5 eboot on my mem stick and installed it through the recovery console and it installed. So using the memory stick from my cust firmware psp I was able to unbrick my friends psp. I'm not sure if thats how its supposed to work but it did.

Lmao!

That was so confusing! Lol, at least it worked lol.

A rescued Brick!! Nice!

I know what probably happened he probably used the downhelper to get a dump of his 1.5 flash which had cfw so thats how he rescued the pspif he didnt have cfw on his dump that psp would be a nice looking paper weight

Lamo!
    ________
    X5 M
    Last edited by andrew24; January 29th, 2011 at 10:37.

So in lamens terms?

it was probably never bricked in the first place the wifi was probably down so it booted into dh but there was no dh on the memstick so it gave the illusion of a brick.

Thats probably true, If it was a clean unmodified 1.5 update then that wouldnt have happened....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information