Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You've gotta be bloody kidding me...

Default You've gotta be bloody kidding me...

I had updated to downgrade earlier. Then like a good little sony-pawn I updated on accident to 1.52

So then the brew stuff didn't work. Ok I thought, I'll just update and downdate again. WRONG!

I've been trying to use this bloody thing to downgrade, I know it worked earlier. I've done this thing about 500 times now. and its not giving me ANY red screen. Just freezes, then turns off the PSP. I don't have GTA:LCS and I can't rent it... I have no other way to do this. I need someone who is more computer/PSP-oriented than I am.

I have AIM and MSN and Yahoo, all under "TheMuffinKing340"
    If you want to send help more live than this forum, that'd be great! You all rock, keep up the good stuff!

_Rick

Update to 2.00 and then use the 2.00 downgrader by MPH

How do I update from 2.71 to 2.0? And could you give me a link to the MPH downgrader?

Thanks a million man
    _Rick

well if u updated to 2.71 u need to use the 2.71 downgrader u can't use the 2.0 downgrader...u just keep trying til u get a red screen, took me about 16-22 tries then i said a prayer and i got a red screen and no brick and a nicely downgrader 1.5 the i went and ran the 1.5>1.0 downgrader then upgraded back to 1.5 with a "clean" 1.5 fw since the 2.5-2.71 downgraders didn't give me a clean 1.5 fw dump

Blog Entries

i used the same downgrader and it hit on try number 2. i never got around to going down to 1.0 and back up for a "clean" firmware and ive not had any problems with my psp.

yea that whole clean version that u have to go to 1.0 then 1.5 sounds like a myth to me cuz I never did it and I haven't had any problems either hallsguitar

there have been partial bricks cuz of cfw and the "tainted" fw the 2.5/2.6 downgraders give u, u can also upgrade to 2.0 and use the MPH downgrader for 2.0 to obtain a clean fw dump since all it does it trick ur psp to think it's 1.0 so u could upgrade to 1.5

I agree always good to go up to 2.0 then back down to 1.50

That's what I did too.
    BTW, why did you carry on upgrading all the way to 2.71. If I remember correctly, and I think I do. You cannot upgrade from 1.52 to 2.71 in one jump. You have to go via 2.0+.

what if the psp is a F : 2.0 (IC6001 on the left) ... could i downgrade from the 2.0 or upgrade then downgrade to 1.5????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information