Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So this is my 2000th post

Dream Coder

Cool So this is my 2000th post

So it's been 2 1/2 years. I originally opposed this site, as I firmly believed that the time could be better put into aiding other Dreamcast sites. It's funny because I joined 100% to keep track of an participate in this thread: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2992 which for the first almost year and change of the site, was the longest topic here, and I defend is still one of the if not THE most technically informative.

About a year after I joined, I released my first first Dreamcast port (not the first thing I had worked on, as I had already garnered some props from my help with NeoCD), and I was simultaneously made staff and betrayed by my mentor who was subsequently banned for his repeated flaming of me and the threat to post my address (which he had because I had sent him a coder's cable). Around that same time I picked up my two most well known projects which I still work on today NeoDC and HuCast.

Much time passed. neo4all was released, and there was much flaming. The psp section was formed and there was much noobing. Ah how I miss the days of the 1.5 rule (a rule I suggested which prohibited the discussion of homebrew on or hacking of psps with the 1.5 firmware). We had problems with reaper, problems with cless, early forum members like mental2k and his "phd", the changeover from yabb, the new theme, issues with GPL (which have been going on behind the scenes for months prior to coming public), people not thinking I was staff (why i had to have /staff added to my title), most of the DC users leaving, some of the psp users actually being intelligent, me meeting some of the high ups in person, me fearing losing my position here, and just yesterday being told that I was definetly considered senior staff here (while I had been worried that I was going to be stripped of rank).

It's been a good 2000 posts, and there are none that I regret. I hope that there's enough reason for me to make another 2000.

Have a nice day all.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

OMG what a spammer!!!, where is my ban hammer!

in other news, i didn't even notice that i was over 3000,

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/mem...rt=posts&pp=60 ( need to sort that page out)

your 7th.... hey wtf i'm 4th!!! i was second for years

Dream Coder

It's because we've got a handfull of psp spammers =P. Also, that page NEEDS to be fixed, it takes wayyyyy too long to come up and is in general... broken.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

All these stuff makes me feel like im a complete noob Thousands of posts here and there and I'm here with my first appearance in the hundred universe...

I've been watching the scene for all this years but didnt posted as much as I should. The most pop site at the beggining of the scene was DCemulation and I used to get there almost everyday but only to read the news, DL stuff, read tutorials to stop burn coasters... I used to post more at [email protected]. BTW, do you guys go there? (I just love the description they put on the members according to the posts they have. You guys should have something like "needs a life" or "freaking poster"... hehehe

DCEmu Art Pro

that page has so many pages!!!!!
    quzar r u on dial up?

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by S34MU5
    that page has so many pages!!!!!
    quzar r u on dial up?
    I'm on the opposite. Internet2.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

I was simultaneously made staff and betrayed by my mentor who was subsequently banned for his repeated flaming of me and the threat to post my address
    that sound like you did some thing wrong, lets make it clear the "mentor" was an ass, i can't believe i defended him, back in the day.

Nice little write up quzar

Wow congrats

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69
    that sound like you did some thing wrong, lets make it clear the "mentor" was an ass, i can't believe i defended him, back in the day.

Nice little write up quzar
    yea, I defended him a lot too, but to a large extent lots of people trashed him just because it was him w/o looking at the situation first. Even though he usually did deserve it. I'm of the mindset that knowing someone has done crap in the past should only make you look harder to see wether or not they are doing crap now, as opposed to making you assume they are doing crap.

How did he betray you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information