Thread: N64 Import Mod

Default N64 Import Mod

Ever wonder how to play those oddly shaped Japanese N64 games?

Well heres you answer,First of all this is a tutorial for a beginner modder. It is basically the simplest mod I know, don’t get me wrong this is a good mod, It is just simple.

First of all you will need to gather a few things:

• Pliers or file
    • 4.5 mm Gamebit
    • Philips Head Screwdriver
    • And obviously an N64

These are all basic tools and such except for the 4.5 millimeter Gamebit, when modding video game systems you will run into a lot of this type of bit. I bought mine from eBay, but they are available from large hardware stores and online retailers.

At this point you need to decide if you want to go with method 1 or 2.Here are the Pros and Cons:

• Method 1 will look good but is more work.
    • Method 2 will look bad but will only take about 2 minutes.

Once you decide go to the section labeled Method 1 or Method 2.

Method 1
    1. Begin by removing the top half of your N64 case with the gamebit
    2. Take the top half and look at the gray part which holds the game straight and remove the screws and remove the gray part. It should have three parts two flaps with springs, and the main game holder
    3. Now look into the main gray part and look on the left and right sides, see those tabs they are the culprit, now use your file or pliers to break-off or file away those pesky tabs.
    4. Now blow off the plastic shard to prevent shorts.
    5. Reattach the gray part making sure to replace the gray flaps.
    6. Reassemble the case

Method 2
    1. Begin by removing the top half of your N64 case with the gamebit
    2. Take the top half and look at the gray part which holds the game straight and remove the screws and remove the grey part. It should have three parts two flaps with springs, and the main game holder
    3. Now here is the most difficult part, throw the gray parts away and reassemble the system

Hard huh, Well you have finished your first mod.
    Have Fun Playing Your Imports!

DCEmu Art Pro

cool. Playstation rules though

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by S34MU5
    cool. Playstation rules though
    Wow.. congrats. You've just proven yourself to not only be an idiot, but inconsiderate at that.

You have nothing of worth to say on the topic. Why don't you just keep it to yourself. I prefer the PSX over the N64, but there's no point in your post. Good job.

Anyway, interesting review. If I had any Japanese games, I'd get right to it. ^^;

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

Quote Originally Posted by cloud_952 View Post
    Wow.. congrats. You've just proven yourself to not only be an idiot, but inconsiderate at that.

You have nothing of worth to say on the topic. Why don't you just keep it to yourself. I prefer the PSX over the N64, but there's no point in your post. Good job.

Anyway, interesting review. If I had any Japanese games, I'd get right to it. ^^;
    insulting people is more inconsiderate...

Ya but still he was insulting someone insulting something so once someone insults him it'll be even

nuff sed!! lol

Blog Entries

yup!

hi i just recieved a few imports in the mail (virtual pro wrestling 64 + 2) and i have a modified PAL console and so i put these games in and they dont work and i have no idea why.. they are clean and i thaught that if you got rid of the dust flap and they fit in.. they would work but when i turn it on it just flashes like a dirty game.. i just dont understand because i thaught the nintendo 64 didnt have region coding

Thread Information