Thread: Why Sony Needs a 'Major Nelson'

Blog Entries

ps3 Why Sony Needs a 'Major Nelson'

Microsoft's 'Major Nelson' and executive Peter Moore have been visible representatives of the 360 console for well over a year now. 'Grandfather of Gaming' Shigeru Miyamoto and asskicking Reggie Fils-Aime have have preached the Wii concept through good writeups and bad name jokes. Sony ... well, Sony has Ken Kutaragi, Phil Harrison, and Kaz Hirai. They say helpful things like 'we don't care', and 'disks won't matter', and (my personal favorite) 'the PS3 is a computer'. RPG Site has a compelling argument stating that Sony needs a Major Nelson to cut through this crazy executive talk, and reconnect the company with real gamers. From the article:
    "While it's not something that appeals to every group of people that play games - the casual market and kids, for example, the existence of these people allows the part of the market that is most opinionated - the core gamers, those who have a very clear opinion on what they want and what is good and bad - to interact with somebody who can actually bring about change. Hell, on a lesser note, it even gives the fanboys someone to worship."

are you kidding me??? sony CEO comments are one the major pieces of entertainment in my life right now. they just keep making me laugh man!
    :P

I wonder if these guys even have a clue so many people are laughing at them

DCEmu Legend

Sony hasn't done a smart thing since the launch of the PS2. Why should they start now?

I love reading what Sony execs have to say. They think that we actually like hearing the propoganda they have to fill our minds with.

Rather than being down to earth and trying to bring the customers closer to the company they try and rule the market with an tyrannical grip.

They'd make great dictators in a dystopian society, thats for sure.

Thread Information