Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The new "Golden Firmware"?

Quote Originally Posted by JD/
    I still think harleygs is the best dual booting owns. Im gonna stick to 1.5 cfw unless this becomes much better than harley gs.
    The thing is, that with this, the need for dual booting is removed. Thats why I like it... Although, I would like to be able to load a pre defined homebrew on boot up, ie: by holding the X button to boot up snes9x...

this IS the new golden firmware.

no question about it.

of course, some "tweaking" apps will have to be modified to support the dual game folders, but there is not one homebrew that does not work atm.

there is a SMALL amount of tweakage required for SOME homebrew...read my post in this particular forum section on tips and tricks to get those corrupt homebrew un-corrupt.

and yes, d_a needs to do some tweakage to the firmware....but as far as compatibility, i've found 100% compatibility aside from firmware modding programs. and i already changed my font safely, and im working on changing my gameboot.

golden firmware? eventually. right now its just a tint away...i'd say white gold atm =)

My point exactly, well said kando!

DCEmu Old Pro

Also note: This is only the first release

Cloudy

ALSO there is no more need to k-xploit or un-k-xploit....2.71 SE-A supports them both!

although w/ k-xploited homebrew you are gonna wanna enable "hide corrupt icons".

1.00 homebrew....1.50 homebrew....2.00/2.50/2.60 homebrew....2.71 TIFF homebrew (unless im mistaken)....2.71 HEN-C homebrew....

ALL SUPPORTED!

this is on the golden brick road alright, more and more im thinkin bout these benefits....i love it!

Have you it installed yourself Kando? Im loving it, (not in the McDonalds way though, because that is bad stuff)

There are a few additions I would like for it though, A few plugins would be nice, like mods you add yourself, depending on your preferences, ie: running mp3s over the XMB.

Quote Originally Posted by kando
    ALSO there is no more need to k-xploit or un-k-xploit....2.71 SE-A supports them both!

although w/ k-xploited homebrew you are gonna wanna enable "hide corrupt icons".

1.00 homebrew....1.50 homebrew....2.00/2.50/2.60 homebrew....2.71 TIFF homebrew (unless im mistaken)....2.71 HEN-C homebrew....

ALL SUPPORTED!

this is on the golden brick road alright, more and more im thinkin bout these benefits....i love it!
    well seeing how all the emus and apps are only made for 1.0/1.5(2.0-2.6 use the 1.0) so u see 2.0-2.6 home brew was 1.0 homebrew, my point is 1.5ers can still play everything with kernel access and with harleyg's cfw + a bunch of mods already + devhook which gives us 2.71 features w/ browser we wouldn't need to use the 2.71SE-A cfw....unless like i have said before this cfw will have more/better features than i already have with 1.5(custom) in the next releases, so i'll probably jump on the bandwagon eventually

Quote Originally Posted by bullhead
    Have you it installed yourself Kando? Im loving it, (not in the McDonalds way though, because that is bad stuff)
    hehe yea i jumped on as soon as it was released =)

i love not havin to devhook to play my .swf flash files too

and good point w/ how 2.xx was originally 1.00/1.50, but still, its nice to not have to worry bout which one to get :P

wat is the "new golden firmware"im lost i dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by pspwog
    wat is the "new golden firmware"im lost i dont get it
    the new custom firmware 2.71SE-A made by Dark_AleX and his crew, basically combined 1.5 and 2.71 making it easier to load umd's and hombrew without devhook and there is no booting back and fourth

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information