Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Warning: New PSP Virus on the Loose! Be Aware!!!

Blog Entries

keefur your sig is WAY too big. ur gonna get it deleted.

Haha it's hella cool though!

dang that thing is a page long

DCEmu Newbie

Ok so I have got devhook working emulating firmware 1.5. I could not do it with do it with devhook 0.46 so I had to use my old not used 32mb stick and put devhook 0.45 on it. I tried many ways to get it working with version 0.46 but non worked so I guess the 32mb stick will be my checking programs stick. Just for a last chance does anybody know how to get version 1.5 working with 0.46?

Now if I use the emulated 1.5 firmware this does not make my PSP 100% safe, does it, there still is a chance that this trojin will still write to the psp flash?

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by win2k1
    Now if I use the emulated 1.5 firmware this does not make my PSP 100% safe, does it, there still is a chance that this trojin will still write to the psp flash?
    Nope, the most it will do is mess up devhook. Plus it was an isolated case, as yet it hasn't been spread by any means.

Cloudy

DCEmu Newbie

Okay I posted what I'm about to post again a lil over a week ago and nobody responded so hopefully someone will give me some feed back this time...Hi all, I just downloaded PSafeP v. 1.2 (Dark Killer) because of this Virus or Trojan on the loose and scanned all my EBOOTs on my memory stick then came accross a couple of my Homebrew apps. that the program read there was "SUSPICIOUS FLASH ACCESS DETECTED!" and that was for __SCE__Dev Hook, DGEN, Homer's RIN v. 3.3, Links 2, NesterJ, SNES9XTYL, Wifi Sniffer, but there was one that the program read "Flash Access Detected, but appears to be read only" and that was for PSP Radio... Now my question is why are these EBOOTs reading this and most importantly how would I know if when I'm downloading an app. into my memory stick that I would get a Virus or Trojan because that app. read "SUSPICIOUS FLASH ACCESS DETECTED!" when the ones on my memory stick read the same thing and work perfectly fine...thanx for your time.

ah well...this was bound to happen at one point or another...thx for the warning

DCEmu Newbie

thanks for the warming man, but still tho -_- i cant believe that there is a virus for psp...OMG that means that i musnt download like crazy then -_-.

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros
    Okay I posted what I'm about to post again a lil over a week ago and nobody responded so hopefully someone will give me some feed back this time...Hi all, I just downloaded PSafeP v. 1.2 (Dark Killer) because of this Virus or Trojan on the loose and scanned all my EBOOTs on my memory stick then came accross a couple of my Homebrew apps. that the program read there was "SUSPICIOUS FLASH ACCESS DETECTED!" and that was for __SCE__Dev Hook, DGEN, Homer's RIN v. 3.3, Links 2, NesterJ, SNES9XTYL, Wifi Sniffer, but there was one that the program read "Flash Access Detected, but appears to be read only" and that was for PSP Radio... Now my question is why are these EBOOTs reading this and most importantly how would I know if when I'm downloading an app. into my memory stick that I would get a Virus or Trojan because that app. read "SUSPICIOUS FLASH ACCESS DETECTED!" when the ones on my memory stick read the same thing and work perfectly fine...thanx for your time.
    It's a false positive, they all don't write to flash. They are safe.

The one you should look out for is one called "SDL_TEST-5", don't ever download that, thats the bricker. It is being set in irc as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by ramzak
    thanks for the warming man, but still tho -_- i cant believe that there is a virus for psp...OMG that means that i musnt download like crazy then -_-.
    Most of homebrew is safe, but like said above, the only known one so far is "SDL_TEST-5".

Cloudy

DCEmu Newbie

It was inevitable

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread Information