Thread: Sonic GBA remake details

Blog Entries

GBA Sonic GBA remake details

SEGA's Game Boy Advance port of the original Sonic The Hedgehog game, announced as part of Sonic's 15th anniversary celebration earlier this year, is due out on 14th November - and SEGA's offered a few more details of what's going into it.

Dubbed "Sonic The Hedgehog Genesis", the GBA title promises "perfectly ported" versions of each of the Megadrive original's seven zones, along with a special Anniversary mode that allows you to use the Spin Dash ability as well.

You'll also be able to take advantage of a proper save feature, recording progress and high scores, rather than having to start again every time you load it up like the old days version, with unlockable songs from the original soundtrack completing the package.

i can't wait

awesome. i like sonic.

DCEmu Newbie

great news! sonic 1 is still one of my favorite games ever (probably because i spent a good 80% of my childhood playing it). although, if they charge $30 for this like they still are for SMA4:SMB3, i might as well put that money toward a DS-Xtreme and download PicoDrive.

Thread Information