Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metareview - Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (PS2)

Blog Entries

ps2 Metareview - Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (PS2)

Midway released its seventh Mortal Kombat fighter (excluding special editions) this week; Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. The game features over 60 characters from just about every MK game you can think of, create a fighter mode, create a fatality mode, only play, and story modes. Though I haven't been a fan of the series since MKII (seems like it took a dive starting with MKIII), Armageddon is getting some solid initial reviews with an average Meta Critic score of 86/100. Here's a sampling of reviews:

Games Radar 90% - "It may or may not be the blood-soaked ending to the franchise, but it's easily one of the most enjoyable games in the series and one of the most unapologetically fun games of the season."
    IGN 85% - "The inclusion of 62 total warriors is a massive achievement. Throw in a fun, albeit short Konquest mode, a diversionary mini-game, a new fatality system, and perhaps one of the largest character creation modes we've seen, and you have a great title that will keep Mortal Kombat fans busy for months."
    Game Informer 83% - "The Mortal Kombat series has had its ups and downs, and this sequel embodies it all. The immense roster is a glorious thing, but by altering the sacred Fatality, the action just isn't up to the series' standards or what fans expect."
    Mortal Kombat: Armageddon retails for $40. An Xbox edition hits next week with a Wii version expected sometime in early 2007.

sweet! i'll be checkin this one out fo sho!

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

looks nice

I stopped liking MK after Ultimate, but this seems interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm-Death
    I stopped liking MK after Ultimate, but this seems interesting!
    you really have to give these new generation games a chance! Like you probably felt, mortal kombat 4 was just too weird. I had a friend who owned hte last release ( i think deception) and i havnt had that much fun since Soul Calibur for the DC. really, give em a go!

im quite excited about this game and i might even go as far as to purchase unchained if it gets good reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTAIN AWESOME
    you really have to give these new generation games a chance! Like you probably felt, mortal kombat 4 was just too weird. I had a friend who owned hte last release ( i think deception) and i havnt had that much fun since Soul Calibur for the DC. really, give em a go!

im quite excited about this game and i might even go as far as to purchase unchained if it gets good reviews.
    I agree with the great Captain. I stoped liking MK after it got all fansy with all the extra stuff. But this one looks great. And yes Soul Caliber was super for the DC

I've played all of them before though, I just don't like the transition from 2D to 3D with MK. I played Armageddon last night, and I just dunno what to say, the only thing I liked was that it had so many characters, and I love laughing at the sound effects. It's probably because I love 2D more than anything, and yeah Soul Calibur on DC was a great game.

love morRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRtTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAALL LLLLLLL Kombat sorry had to yell oh by the way i wanna see Melinas boobies

im still waiting in the store for this game, damn it, it suppose to come out this thursday and today is saturday! >_<:

DCEmu Rookie

I'm looking forward to playing this game.

I had a lot of fun playing Shaolin Monks and MK2 with my brother.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information