Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool Black takes DS Lite to a new level of sophistication

Blog Entries

NDS Cool Black takes DS Lite to a new level of sophistication

Press Release News from Xtreme Enterprises

During the design phase of the SHOCK! DS lite replacement shells, we worked on a few issues: First was the fact that there were limited color releases in many continents (thus depriving certain groups of desirable colors). The second was the sound issue : The stock DS lite speakers is sometimes so weak that it hardly seems audible. The third and most serious, is the fact that the DS lite hinge is so fragile that even if handled with tender loving care, it cracks and causes agony to its owner. The fashionable game gadget, marred forever...

With the release of SHOCK! shells, these issues become a thing of the past. With 6 colors to choose from, users will be spoilt for choice. A slight modification to the speaker shell will enable louder sound transmissions. And finally, we have also reinforced the hinges to ensure a problem-free usage. Installation will be made even easier as we release full video instructions later on, in addition to our already detailed pictorial tutorial.

Upon our release of the Strat Clear prototype installation pictures earlier on, we received tremendous response from all quarters of cyberspace (even print magazines) asking for more details about Project SHOCK! and its release dates. Many were really pleased that the Xtreme Enterprise brand name has now been extended into the Nintendo product lines since it means that great quality and service can now be expected in aftermarket products. By further collaborating with major online retailers around the world, it is expected that the SHOCK! shells will soon be able to reach your favorite online retail shops sooner than you think.

hmm, i wonder if i could take apart a normal ds and put it in a case with abit of modification

would save me 50 odd quid!

Hah, they have replacement shells for the DS Phat, look for them on Ebay, i was going to get one but then decided to sand the top of it and that solved my problems lol

And that DS Lite shell looks very nice!

I'm guessing the white screen border is because it cannot be removed from the stock white ds lite?

hey the black doesn't look bad

DCEmu Rookie

If it really boosts sound volume and the hinges are significantly stronger I'll definately buy one.

DCEmu Newbie

mighty sexy mod. I have a navy blue one from japan, so the only thing like this that i personally would get would be a sexed up themed case. An example would be something similar to the special edition pokemon one or something etched or painted (very permanently) on the case. But nice!

Looks awesome! I need to find a NES case for my DS phat though....

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Looks cheap to me, I guess the final product will be worthy of judging.

Video freak, there is an NES case for the phat? I need to open my eyes more.

i want to get me one of these replacement shells. they look nice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information