Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Bootsound Request Thread

Thumbs up Custom Bootsound Request Thread

WELCOME TO THE BOOTSOUND REQUEST THREAD

ONLY FOR USE WITH 1.5 FIRMWARE PSP's (and devhook firmwares)

F.A.Q. (please read before posting)

What is This?: You know that little sound your PSP makes when it starts up? Well that is called a "bootsound". This sound can actually be replaced with any sound you want. The sound can not be longer than 4 seconds. (The longest I've succsefully stretched one was about 4 1/3 seconds actually) I will be taking requests in this thread for all DCemu members.

How do I make a request?: Simply upload whatever clip you want to this thread. I will NOT search the web for sound clips for you. (sorry) You must upload your request in .wav or .mp3 format. (Feel free to use sendspace.com or whatever)

What are the rules?: Do not upload or request anything containing vulgar language, offensive phrases, or racist slurs to this thread!!! DCemu is an all ages web site.

How do I install the bootsound?- All my downloads will come with three parts:
    1) .wav clip- so you can edit the sound yourself, or preview it with out having to install it to your PSP.
    2)Coldboot.vag- for intalling it with X-FLASH.
    3)Opening_plugin.rco- for installing it with ThemePSP.
    WARNING: As always, whenever flashing your PSP, there is a slight chance you could "brick" it. (i.e. permanently destroy it). Please understand that you modify your PSP at your own risk. Neither DCemu or I, will be held responsible for damage you may occur.

***I personally test every bootsound on my very own PSP, before I upload them for you guys (and girls). So as long as you install them right, you should be ok.

Why are you doing this when you work a full time job, Mr. Shizzy?- This is one of several threads I planned on doing (the PSP THEME THREAD is already up and running) here at DCemu. The plan is to help as many people possible in the best ways I can. I am simply trying to "give a little back" to the homebrew scene (and website DCemu) that has given me so much.

I have attached the bootsounds I have already created. Feel free to use them on your PSP, or in themes your making (please credit me for the bootsound) ect... I have been planning this thread for some time now. I hope you all enjoy.

Dude are you like my evil twine. I love it all the music i actually listen to and then some. Love the hacker one the most thanks.

DCEmu Art Pro

this is cool.
    what are u using to create the sounds?
    is it those leaked sony tools?!?!

DCEmu Newbie

Nice

cool

Quote Originally Posted by S34MU5
    this is cool.
    what are u using to create the sounds?
    is it those leaked sony tools?!?!

LOL.....No. The leaked UMD Tools you speak of would be used (if some pirate stole them - which is illegal) to make a gameboot video. Which is the little 3 second movie that plays after the bootsounds I'm making. Neither DCemu or I condone piracy so don't look for them here. These bootsouds are 100% legal. So feel free to enjoy them with a clear concience. Anyone could make them, really. I use a combination of 3 programs to make them. I use (in this order):

1) Goldwave- wich is an awesome sound editing program. Google it, they even offer a free trial.

2) MF Audio- which creates a coldboot.vag file. Get it in the ThemePSP creator pack. (You can find that thread in my sig)

3) Menu Edit- For creating a opening_plugin file. (for use with ThemePSP) You can also aquire this in the ThemePSP Creator Pack.

I hope everyone enjoys the bootsounds. Oh, btw- if anyone has any has a 2Pac, Eminem, or Notorious B.I.G. request, you do not need to upload the sound clip, because I have almost all of there CD's saved on my PC's Hard Drive.

So am i aloud to post the bootd from my games or is that still ellegal. If you dont know ill ask the great ceaser then unless you spoke with them already.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidburn05
    So am i aloud to post the bootd from my games or is that still ellegal. If you dont know ill ask the great ceaser then unless you spoke with them already.

As far as I know, all bootsounds are 100% legal bro. Why would a bootsound be illegal?

I just thought if i got it from a psp game it wound be.

No. They are all legal. When I get the next pack together, I'll post it up for you guys.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information