Thread: Rumor: First-party Wii games $59.99

Blog Entries

Rev Rumor: First-party Wii games $59.99

The a rumor circulating that first-party Wii games will be priced higher than previously announced is still a lingering question of debate. EB Games and Gamestop websites started everyone talking yesterday after listing Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy at $59.99.

This could very well be another instance of retail websites getting their pricing wrong and releasing it to the public. However, if true, Nintendo will have gone against statements made at last months New York Wii press conference where they clearly said first-party titles will retail for $49.99. We contacted Nintendo early yesterday morning and they are aware that this information is out there, but have yet to make a statement.

We receive numerous tips every day from readers scouring the EB Games and Gamestop websites looking for any little detail of information. It would be really nice if the company would realize that consumers are taking their website pricing as gospel and running with it. This is either a case of another EB Games and Gamestop website screw-up or Nintendo broke its word. Both sides of this coin ain't pretty.

unlikely, ican't remember what nintendo has been quoted saying in respects to game pricing, but on official announcements, they don't lie. game sites/stores have often quoted wrong prices b4 the items are even released

Plus i read in a recent magazine that said they would most likely be in the 50 dollar price range. And thats for the first party games. I think Shiguro Myamoto(Sorry about the spelling) Said that himself.

DCEmu Newbie

Untill a few weeks ago, all wii games on those 2websites were 60$

i would pay that for a first party game.

DCEmu Rookie

I wouldn't pay the estimated price of a Blue-Ray PS3 game for a Wii DVD game.

Wasn't the Wii supposed to be about commonfolk? $60 is the hardcore gamer's sacrifice not a non-gamer's. The non-gamer will most likely wait until prices drop to $30-$40 to buy a new game, no?

I, an enthusiastic gamer, still wait for price drops in order to buy games and wouldn't spend $60 or even $50 on something I know I will find for $40 and occassionally $20 soon enough.

The Long Claw of the Law BlueCrab's Avatar

EBgames and Gamestop both have the prices of Wii games listed as $49.99 again.
    Sylverant PSO Server
    http://crabemu.sourceforge.net/
    irc.freenode.net #dreamcastdev #dcemuuk #yabause #ljsdcdev

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

they always do that, if nintendo says 50, then it's 50, unless of course in my case, I live in Canada, so it is 59.99...

http://www.nintendo.gr/news/showmediano.asp?arid=789

"Wii Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: Eνδεικτική τιμή λιανικής με ΦΠΑ 60,00 euros.

Οι τίτλοι των 3rd party εταιριών που αντιπροσωπεύει η Nortec θα διατίθενται από 60,00 euros – 70,00 euros, ανάλογα με την τιμολογιακή πολιτική που επιλέγει η κάθε προμηθεύτρια εταιρία μας"
    First Part games will cost up to 60 euros and 3rd party up to 70 euros.

Thread Information