Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom GameBoots?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDX
    I dont see how ripped gameboots are any more legal than ones created with pirated software. It's either not ok to pirate, or it is. There is no "grey area"

LOL. What are you talking about dx? To use the stolen tools to make one would be "pirating". But how would it be pirating to sample a clip off something I own, It is not illegal to custumise your PSP. lol Being a coder you should know that...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shizzy
    LOL. What are you talking about dx? To use the stolen tools to make one would be "pirating". But how would it be pirating to sample a clip off something I own, It is not illegal to custumise your PSP. lol Being a coder you should know that...
    yes, but you are then distributing something you 'own', to people who do NOT own it!

how would it be pirating to sample a clip off something I own, It is not illegal to custumise your PSP. lol Being a coder you should know that...
    No it isnt illegal to customise your own psp, and I didn't suggest for a second that it was.

It *IS* however illegal to distribute and copy copyrighted material - HENCE COPYRIGHTED, whether you are ripping a sample from an audio cd or a gameboot from a umd.
    Find yourself some ebay spelling mistake bargains!
    Use the power of the TYPING WAND! |Free PSP ISOs to download

Pick of the google street views! Including topless girls

Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii!
    PSP1. Black Jap 1000K: 1.5 -> 2.71SE-A -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B' -> 2.71SE-B''
    PSP2. Black "non worker" from ebay: 2.6 (?) -> 2.71 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    PSP3: Black "Broken UMD Drive" UK 1003 2.0 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    Do you have a bricked psp?

unfortunately i think we have just destroyed a great idea. which i have taken advantage and i am soory mr.shizzy to have brought it up after all your help. however it would be safest to end using ANY copyrighted material for distribution. perhaps stick to p.d. music files....
    nah ...oh crap....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDX
    No it isnt illegal to customise your own psp, and I didn't suggest for a second that it was.

It *IS* however illegal to distribute and copy copyrighted material - HENCE COPYRIGHTED, whether you are ripping a sample from an audio cd or a gameboot from a umd.

Thats why XFlash has the original XMB backgrounds, and bootsounds, and XMB sounds in it? And what about shadow-evillinks thread right here on DCemu, where he offers AT3's for homebrews? lol C'mon dude...I think your speculating a little too much. Not to be rude, but do some research...

DCEmu Old Pro

Thats why XFlash has the original XMB backgrounds in it? lol C'mon dude...
    Everyone who is using XFlash already has the original backgrounds on their PSP, as it's default. However, it isn't legal to own another copy of a UMD you have in a computerised format, such as an ISO, as you only own a licence to that UMD, and that copy only. So it is, in fact, to even rip it from the UMD, nevermind distribute it across the internet.

Cloudy

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhunter
    Everyone who is using XFlash already has the original backgrounds on their PSP, as it's default. However, it isn't legal to own another copy of a UMD you have in a computerised format, such as an ISO, as you only own a licence to that UMD, and that copy only. So it is, in fact, to even rip it from the UMD, nevermind distribute it across the internet.

Cloudy

LOL. Sorry but your wrong bro... It is NOT illegal to make a backup of a UMD you own. And for another thing, if you have overwritten the bg's or bootsound on your PSP's flash, than you do not have the originals backed up on your PSP anymore...but you can re-apply them with XFlash b/c they are built into the program.

DCEmu Art Pro

i think custom gameboots should be alowed. it would make the themepsp thread alot better.

Ok my two cents they should be aloud to be used. Just no mention of how or information on how they did it.

STOP

really stop this now, we have too many threads on piracy already

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information