Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: psp ghetto joystick

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by mavsman4457 View Post
    Those aren't the steering wheels that you're working on right? They just look like normal joysticks.
    they are joysticks, the wheels work in progress.

DCEmu Newbie

Hey josenose i got a question when you open up the metal casing on the analog piece on the bottom you removed the black clicking button did you have to cut off the front of metal the holds the button together before you can place in the Mini USB Plug. thanks in advance

Oh and a few more questions when you open up the metal casing at the bottom of the analog did you keep the spring and black piece then reassemble it or you removed it and re placed with your Mini USB Plug. can you also tell me the semantics for the Mini USB to the analog in terms of the color and the Lettering Positioning. ex. A=Red B=Black C=White D=Green and would it be the same wiring order on the other end of the Mini USB Jack to PSP analog Stick. THANKS. Sorry for the bad english

DCEmu Newbie

hey joesnose.. for the second joystick that you made what was the specific controller that you used? like the brand and was it a ps1 controller or a ps2 controller?

The guy that is doing this mod for me said that he is having a bit of trouble and that the controls are "flakey," what does this mean and how can he fix it?

DCEmu Newbie

maybe he is having problems putting it together. The pieces are very very tiny and there is like no room to put all the parts in so that might be the problem. "flakey" that might means it is not possible to make the mod ? "Fakie"

DCEmu Newbie

Has anyone tried to do this with a N64 controller? Ive just had a look at mine and coming from it are 6 wires. It has 1 white and then 5 blue after it. I think the 1 white and 3 blue ones next to it are the 4 prongs that would connect to the psp joystick. Can anyone confirm?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by TrowaX View Post
    Hey josenose i got a question when you open up the metal casing on the analog piece on the bottom you removed the black clicking button did you have to cut off the front of metal the holds the button together before you can place in the Mini USB Plug. thanks in advance

Oh and a few more questions when you open up the metal casing at the bottom of the analog did you keep the spring and black piece then reassemble it or you removed it and re placed with your Mini USB Plug. can you also tell me the semantics for the Mini USB to the analog in terms of the color and the Lettering Positioning. ex. A=Red B=Black C=White D=Green and would it be the same wiring order on the other end of the Mini USB Jack to PSP analog Stick. THANKS. Sorry for the bad english
    i had to cut off the metal that was holding it in place and i had to make the gap slightly wider.

i put all the jotstick back together exept for the little black button.

as for the wiring it realy depends on where you solder to inside your psp.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    hey joesnose.. for the second joystick that you made what was the specific controller that you used? like the brand and was it a ps1 controller or a ps2 controller?
    it was a madcatz controller, i think its called retro controller, its about the size and shape of an old nes controller.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by mavsman4457 View Post
    The guy that is doing this mod for me said that he is having a bit of trouble and that the controls are "flakey," what does this mean and how can he fix it?
    im not sure what he means, maybe its the game hes playing, some games seem to compensate for the nub by having a huge deadzone, both my sticks feel alot better than the nub!

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Has anyone tried to do this with a N64 controller? Ive just had a look at mine and coming from it are 6 wires. It has 1 white and then 5 blue after it. I think the 1 white and 3 blue ones next to it are the 4 prongs that would connect to the psp joystick. Can anyone confirm?
    it should work fine and but has no button to remove, the place where the button was is a good place to put the usb plug. the wiring should be the same as for the ps2 stick, chech out bens tutorial here:http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/10/h...your-sony-psp/

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information