Thread: PSP: 2.71 SE/Epsilon Homebrew Fixer

DCEmu Newbie

psp PSP: 2.71 SE/Epsilon Homebrew Fixer

After seeing Coldbird's 2.71 fix for the corrupted icon problem, I decided it needed a nice GUI (this was before Dragula's) so I created my own in Java. Then when I released it, I got quite a lashing from the Mac community for not making it crossplatform compatible. So a good day's worth of porting (MakeSFO, Unpack-PBP, and Pack-PBP) later, I ended up with this little beast.
    It's a full, crossplatform Java application designed to fix homebrew to work properly on 2.71 SE (or Epsilon.) The only reason I even bundled a .exe is because I know Windows can be a pain with Java, so the slightly less experienced users should instead stick with that.
    Anyhow, using it is pretty simple...
    In 1.0 mode:
    1) Type in the name the application will recieve in the text field.
    2) Click the bix "Fix" button and select the EBOOT you want fixed. It'll change the title, and strip all images other than the icon (if it has one) just to be safe.
    (It'll also work on the EBOOTs from the % folder of Kxploited applications, in case you want to keep it compatible with good old 1.5.)
    In 1.5 mode:
    1) Type in the name the application will recieve in the text field.
    2) Click the lower button and select the EBOOT in the % folder.
    3) Click the upper button and select the EBOOT in the non-% folder. This EBOOT will now be changed to 1.0 format, and will be fixed.
    (Of course, you could also use my app to just do a 1.5->1.0 conversion, if you're not fond of anything else out there.)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

it's nice on the eyes , good work

I doesn't appear to fix anything. All i have to do is chose the files and it will do the rest right? Because it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Where does it save the newly fixed file?

Very nice. I like the GUI.

Quote Originally Posted by JmanUmmKay
    I doesn't appear to fix anything. All i have to do is chose the files and it will do the rest right? Because it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Where does it save the newly fixed file?
    I'm assuming it just replaces the old file, so it appears the same. However, I have no idea, lol.

Well if it just fixes the existing one, Wouldn't it be working? lol Because it still appears curropted aloung with IR Shell and monkey 64. I'm probaly doing something stupid, it seems every problem i run into has a simple solution. lol

DCEmu Newbie

It should be overwriting the existing file.
    Try and give me a slightly better description of just what you're doing, to see if I can find the problem.
    What program are you using it on? It it kxPloited or not? Are you running my program in 1.0 or 1.5 mode? What steps are you taking?

Well if it just fixes the existing one, Wouldn't it be working? lol Because it still appears curropted aloung with IR Shell and monkey 64. I'm probaly doing something stupid, it seems every problem i run into has a simple solution. lol
    Yeah that always seems to be the case for me too. I tried using it and it replaced the file and fixed it perfectly. I'm not sure exactly what's going wrong for you though.

I'm still using Coldbird's command line tool but it's nice to see a GUI!

Thread Information