Thread: iMenu released

Blog Entries

NDS iMenu released

theNinjaBunny posted this news/release:

Just a simple ipod-like menu for the touch screen of our Nintendo DS. It works pretty close to the real one! And it’s so customizable (no graphics needed, all it’s done by code)

How it works? : It’s VERY VERY simple, using the menu will modify a variable called “ipod_state”, that variable has values as “IPOD_LEFT” (moving to the left), “IPOD_RIGHT” (the other side), “IPOD_PLAY” (when the play butto is pressed), ... etc (IPOD_BUTTON is the central button, IPOD_OFF is holding for seconds the play button, and IPOD_LIGHT for the menu one)

You only has to write a program to get the value of ipod_state (with a “switch(ipod_state)” for example)

Controls : Move the wheel right or left Click over the 5 buttons Long-click implemented (i mean, if you hold “menu” or “play” it will do the action) (this is not 100% accurated)

Customize it! Since it not use any images you could put the image you want. You could also determine how big is and where to put it!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

so what does it do?

will someone make this menu with an mp4 player? That
    would be totaly amazing!

Hi, i uploaded the source, now it *must* be full working.
    I tested it on a real NDS Lite and works pretty with the stylus, with my finger it works ok the spinning but not the buttons.

Now, IT HAS a *VIRTUAL* MP3 PLAYER (virtual mean, there's NO mp3 player) but it displays "You are playing XX song" or "the player is paused" and so... That could be very usefull for mp3-player's developers.

DCEmu Newbie

Default nds ipod

not sure if your aware of this or not but I thought I would let you know. This prog reminded me of this http://www.newthesaur.us/DS/

He is working on a ds pod and is looking for programmers to help him

i thought this was DS POD when i first seen this.

DCEmu Newbie

first post w00t why would u want that anyway

eh so how do i use it im dumbo

this is for developers.. it's just a menu.. right now it does nothing.. if you were developing something for the DS and wanted for some reason to use a Ipod like menu.. this is for you ...-,- ......but yeah the DSiPod is better than this -,-
    and it's actually a mp3 and ogg player

What you're looking for is called Lick's Media Player now, and it's no longer being worked on. It can be downloaded from http://www.box.net/public/ax36c25qgu although don't expect amazing audio playback, at least not for mp3. Moonshell and DSOrganize do a much better job at media playing than LMP.

Thread Information