Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MVSPSP 1.0 Kernal Mode

Yes, I did it for all the roms and also deleted all settings, state, nvram etc files.

Tried Kof2003 and Last Blade 2 because it says supported in the gamelist, they work but with no sound and at about 75% speed using the 1.0 kernel version. As far as I can tell this emulator operates about the same as the last one.

DCEmu Newbie

ooooooooooh yes... i test it

Quote Originally Posted by b8a
    Kando: the only difference in the kernel/non-kernel versions is that the kernel version has slightly more memory available and should therefore be the prefered version for people running firmware versions higher than 1.50.

Wouldn't 1.5 users want to use Kernal mode?

The kernal version does make it a wee bit better on my 1.5.

A problem I get sometimes on this emu if I switch between large roms is an error message (similar to what I get on mame4all after a while of playing) saying that I’m out of memory, and it then fails to load that game - even though it does load normally when I boot it up. I’m guessing it doesn’t completely clear the memory from the previous game, so it then fails to load the next game?

Does anybody else get this prob?

Yes baboon all that needs to be done is exit the emu. Then go back to it again.

Default Problem...

Art of Fighting got broken in this new version. The caracter sprites are all messed up! Anyone else had this problem too? What about that new "work ram test" screen? I hope NJ fixes this, if not, its ok too. I was happy with version 2.2...

Quote Originally Posted by jurkevicz
    Art of Fighting got broken in this new version. The caracter sprites are all messed up! Anyone else had this problem too? What about that new "work ram test" screen? I hope NJ fixes this, if not, its ok too. I was happy with version 2.2...
    I haven’t tried AOF again to see if it does work or not, but I know the sequel works fine.

Some problems I do get on this version though are on the wrestling game ‘3Count Bout’ all the background graphics are messed up. Also on the Super Hang-on clone ‘riding heroes’ the game is very slow and unplayable, but if you turn raster effects off it plays fine - but again the background graphics (the road) are all messed up.

These small niggles with a couple of games don’t really spoil my overall enjoyment of this great emulator though.

NJ updated his rominfo (it's up for download on his site) that fixes all those sprites being messed up. But now I found that some sounds on the Neo Geo Intro Screen and games to be missing.

Quote Originally Posted by jurkevicz
    NJ updated his rominfo (it's up for download on his site) that fixes all those sprites being messed up. But now I found that some sounds on the Neo Geo Intro Screen and games to be missing.
    Ideal thanks for the info. If your saying that the new rominfo is still buggy I might wait to he sorts it out (he never takes too long fixing bugs).

I also get the same bugs as yourself in AOF.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information