Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should i downngrde my 2.6?

Default Should i downngrde my 2.6?

Mr.nick666 got me thinking about downgrading....

This is where you make a case for me to downgrade my 2.6 PSP.

Is it worth it?

Apart from loading emu from the main screen how else is it different?

Is it safe?

Can i play games with a higher firmware?

And how do i tell my PSP is ok to start downgrading?

Thank you

Personally, I dont downgrade psps's anymore, I upgrade them to 2.71SE-A -

It's a way better firmware (tm)
    Find yourself some ebay spelling mistake bargains!
    Use the power of the TYPING WAND! |Free PSP ISOs to download

Pick of the google street views! Including topless girls

Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii!
    PSP1. Black Jap 1000K: 1.5 -> 2.71SE-A -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B' -> 2.71SE-B''
    PSP2. Black "non worker" from ebay: 2.6 (?) -> 2.71 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    PSP3: Black "Broken UMD Drive" UK 1003 2.0 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    Do you have a bricked psp?

DCEmu Art Pro

Yeh downgrade to 1.5 its the Best firmware.

Can you elaborate on that?.

What makes it better than 2.6?. What else can it do other than load emu from the main screen?.

The only people who prefer 1.5 over 2.7SE-A are those that want to run isos.

PSP2. Black "non worker" from ebay: 2.6 (?) -> 2.71 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'

Ok Mike, care to persuade me on upgrading to a 2.7SE-A?. Sorry to sound ignorant but i`ve stayed away from news regarding this so i honestly don`t have a clue what it is. I`m a beginer, tell me about it if you don`t mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDX
    The only people who prefer 1.5 over 2.7SE-A are those that want to run isos.
    No that is a bunch of hopla right there mike. I happen to know a lot of people that have 1.50 and use devhook to play there ORIGINAL 2.71 games and dont use isos. Yes theres people out there that do it and i can care less. Sony makes billions ripping s of anyways. But 1.50 is a easyer thing to use. Just get devhook and launch it thats it and you can play your games. Or go to the game menu and start your emulators. Way easyer then everything you have to do with 2.7SE-A

Since you have 2.6, it would be rather easy to downgrad to a 1.5. The main advantage 1.5 has over 2.6 is the ability to run homebrew without needing an eLoader, it just needs the files kxploited. 99% of homebrew is made for 1.5 and can run without a problem.

now, what is so great about 2.7se? It allows you to have all the advantages of 2.7 (i.e. WMA playback, web browser, play new UMD games) but still be able to play homebrew like you would on a 1.5. In fact hombrew on the 2.7 doesnt need to be kxploited or anything just stuck in the game folder.

now why would anyone stick with 1.5? Simple, I stay there for simplicity because the 2.7SE does not allow you to upgrade your system without using recovery mode. Also there are some homebrew that simply does not work on 2.7SE (irShell, RunUMD, most ISO loaders, ect.)

So the choice is yours, if you play actual PSP games and want homebrew? you can get 2.7SE and it would work for what you need, but you can do the same thing with a 1.5+Devhook. (cept you have to exit Devhook to play the homebrew)

Quote Originally Posted by Acidburn05
    But 1.50 is a easyer thing to use. Just get devhook and launch it thats it and you can play your games. Or go to the game menu and start your emulators. Way easyer then everything you have to do with 2.7SE-A
    How is that easier?

with 2.71SE you either run your homebrew or emulators from the memstick or you run your umd! theres nothing else to it!

Quote Originally Posted by psiko_scweek
    Since you have 2.6, it would be rather easy to downgrad to a 1.5. The main advantage 1.5 has over 2.6 is the ability to run homebrew without needing an eLoader, it just needs the files kxploited. 99% of homebrew is made for 1.5 and can run without a problem.

now, what is so great about 2.7se? It allows you to have all the advantages of 2.7 (i.e. WMA playback, web browser, play new UMD games) but still be able to play homebrew like you would on a 1.5. In fact hombrew on the 2.7 doesnt need to be kxploited or anything just stuck in the game folder.

now why would anyone stick with 1.5? Simple, I stay there for simplicity because the 2.7SE does not allow you to upgrade your system without using recovery mode. Also there are some homebrew that simply does not work on 2.7SE (irShell, RunUMD, most ISO loaders, ect.)

So the choice is yours, if you play actual PSP games and want homebrew? you can get 2.7SE and it would work for what you need, but you can do the same thing with a 1.5+Devhook. (cept you have to exit Devhook to play the homebrew)

Very interesting

Well lets put it this way-I only own one PSP game, GTA, and only use my PSP for emu and video. 1.5 sounds great.

A few questions if you don`t mind.

How do i find out if my PSP is sutible for downgrading?

Are there any downgraders that are known to be very safe?

Is devhook dangerous to use?. Or should i say, is it completely safe from bricking a PSP?.

Thanks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information