Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hot Info Leak: Details of New Sony PSP, Due Next Spring

Blog Entries

psp Hot Info Leak: Details of New Sony PSP, Due Next Spring

More rumours via Gizmondo

From the Holy $#@! department of our esteemed relative in the basement Kotaku, we hear leakage about the upcoming Sony Playstation Portable, with a Sony mole saying we'll be seeing a shiny new PSP come Spring, 2007. Since one of the new PSP's iterations will reportedly have 8GB of built-in flash memory, we're assuming it's going to be much slimmer than the current model. Speculates P.J. McNealy of American Technology Research:

"Sony will likely introduce a refresh of the PSP hardware line, including a hard-disk drive PSP and a second PSP with no hard drive but with a significant amount of flash memory on board," he said. "We expect these products in Spring 2007, with the pricing for the hard-drive based model at $199 or above, and the new flash-based one below $199."
    Bring on the latest and greatest tech, and cram it into the smallest package you can muster.

However, we're also hearing that the company will mulishly stick with the PSP's proprietary UMD format. Bag that dog—it's dead, Sony.

rumor rumor rumor.. just hype for the need of keeping the name in your face and the wishers keep wishing..

i think. lol.

If its true its crap, we spent £250 getting them a year ago and then theres a new one out 18 months later, what a waste of money if its true.....

I believe this could happen, with the sales of psp's going downhill this could be the boost they need, look at what nintendo did with the ds, maybe sony are going to try and do something similar?

boost? ha they'll juat crash and burn and make money of ps3 with goddam seques and ea sport games

DCEmu Legend

If this is true, it sounds good. The current PSP will always remain great for homebrew, but for commercial gaming & PS3 interaction the new hardware version would be welcome provided:

1.) They increase the speed of the UMD drive
    2.) The internal HDD version has a significant amount of storage like the iPod's due.
    3.) Longer battery life

Imagine a SMALLER sleeker PSP with 20, 30, or 40GB of internal storage. That would be a homebrewers dream portable.

But I bet SONY will try and make it very secure. I emphasise "TRY" ;-)

Nice news. Because with this PSP they will lose the battle against DS.

*ACHOO!* Sorry I'm allergic to bull$#@!.

How many times have I heard the "Sony is coming out with a *new* PSP" rumor? Please...

If they do happen to do this, which I doubt they will, they should offer some kind of trade-in or upgrade for the original PSP.

DCEmu Pro

Sony can't do that!
    I doubt they will really do this, but if they do, just as Datahax said, the original PSP owners should get an offer.

A lot of people will get pissed if this is true. It's not like the DS Lite thing, not even the slim PS2. If it has 8 GB built-in storage space... Maybe even camera or GPS.

If it's true, Sony is gonna start doing like Nintendo (GBA, GBASP, GBMicro. DS, DS lite...)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information