Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Mans Homebrew Dream - A Homebrew Console with Wifi

Blog Entries

General games One Mans Homebrew Dream - A Homebrew Console with Wifi

Let me start by saying i am one mad Homebrew fan, ive been a fan of emulation and homebrew since at least 1996 if not earlier, heres my Dream and hopes to see it come true.

First off i would like to see a powerful but fully homebrew based console that has built in Wifi and uses Memory Cards for storage, the console must have a cheap 3D and 2D Graphics chip and a processor of decent speed.

The Homebrew console should have a Online system similiar to that of Xbox Live where amateur coders from around the world can post their games online firstly as demos and then as low budget games for us all to buy and share.

I could go on for hours but would such a vision ever be viable for both the console and the Homebrew Live type service.

Got any views, please share them ?

thats my dream too

Even though this is an awsome dream.. I dont think it would work out to well for the company that makes it.

I mean yes, hombrewers could post all thier games and make some money... but isnt that hwta hoebrew is about... Doign it tfor fun and not money>??

I mean, this could be entirely possible IF someone could take apart an older pc, make a bios for it..

I mean, it could run the entire online type service through pthons cripting to start... Just like xbox medai center does/

I think it would be more possible if there was a promise to makeing money for whatever company made it.
    Because you know.... less then a month after it was out someone would crak it to and the online service and have every game free thus makign the whole thing pointless.
    I do like the idea though, but there are a lot of hadnhel sonsoles out that do this allready

DCEmu Newbie

err, go get yourself a GP2X then

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GP2X

(oops, no wifi still, its got everything else you want)

I really like this idea. Maybe a GP2x minus the screen and with an added wifi module, maybe the price would be lower.

Actually thinking about it they should make a GP2x without a screen and external controller similar to the wii's classic controller that is compatible with all GP2X games and emulators.

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

sounds like THE PERFECT UTOPIA if only this dream was a reality *sigh*.

I've got a idea

the DCemu Homebrew Console

Designed by the Wraggy, The other Admins and Coders at DCemu, and made by the good people at Gamepark Holdings lol

DCEmu Newbie

That almost sounds like a laptop running linux!

Uh, it's called the XGP. The next "GP2X". It's pretty much like a GP2X except smaller, cooler looking, and has Wi-Fi.

Why not simply build a small mini PC controlled by only a remote and/or joystick?

Totally possible and it could be a very impressive system while still maintaining a very small console size profile. With PC's you already have all the emulators and homebrew you could pretty much ask for. Multi OS's and tons of great commercial games. Plus still maintaining the ability to use application software when needed (web, e-mail, contact lists, etc...)

I admit the PC at this point is the only thing that has personally kept me from bothering to buy an Xbox360 or the like yet. I do have various other consoles, but rarely play them like I do my PC or PSP. In fact my PSP only came about because of that want for a device that I could take with on the road for my gaming fix. If my PDA would have had a better controller for the gamer in mind I might still have it and never bought my PSP. I miss the touch screen and some of the apps, but the PSP really opened the door for gaming and I can still watch movies and listen to music just like before.

It's all good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information