Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Won't Enhance PS1 or PS2 Games

Blog Entries

ps3 PS3 Won't Enhance PS1 or PS2 Games

The PS2 does a pretty good job of making PS1 games more palatable. Will the PS3 have the same capabilities? Not really.

According to Harrison, unlike how the PS2 would enhance PS1 games with texture smoothing and what not, the PS3 will offer no such visual enhancements (including resolution enhancements) for the previous generation titles. "They are as exactly as they were," said Harrison, who claims Sony preferred to rather deliver them in their original state.
    Fair enough: for retro games, it's really art direction that makes a game age gracefully. Harrison also clarified that eventually they want all their old PS1 games available for download, except for games that were made with licensed talent or tracks where those licenses have expired.

Dream Coder

The PS2's "enchancement" was laughable. Bleemcast did a better job. If they wanted to do good, they would make enchancements a switch instead of not offering them at all. It's simply lazy on their part.

also, what's the source of this?
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Oh bad news

sorry i just have to say "1M@0"

ps1 games have the worst graphics EVER! and no touchup mean they can be bagged to their fullest glory XD!

DCEmu Newbie

Your joking right? Have you ever played epsxe with pete's ogl plugins on the highest settings? Or I take it your twelve and have only seen current gen graphics.

PS3 User

This is absolutely ridiculous. The decisions Sony have made haven't not bothered me so far, but this one actually has.
    Why can't they just nab a lincense for Kreed's 2xSai filter? We could have the option to use it or not.

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

so what if they don't enhance the graphics? the games are supposed to be fun because of the gameplay, plus if you want good graphics, go spend 700 dollars on a ps3.

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by SnesR0X
    so what if they don't enhance the graphics? the games are supposed to be fun because of the gameplay, plus if you want good graphics, go spend 700 dollars on a ps3.
    Um.... the point is that you ARE spending the cash on a PS3. You should be getting nice spiffy features for PS and PS2 playback.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

there was no significant difference in graphical quality when i played ps1 games on my ps1 or ps2 so this doesnt bother me at all

I couldn't really tell a difference in quality when playing PS1 games on the PS2. LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information