Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't worry: you don't need a PS3 to download PSone games

Blog Entries

psp Don't worry: you don't need a PS3 to download PSone games

News via PSPfanboy

Sony's Gamer's Day revealed some interesting info about the exciting PSP-PS3 connectivity. But, we were left pondering whether or not we'd need a PS3 to download PSone games to our handhelds. It would be a little silly if Sony tried to force us to buy a $500+ piece of hardware simply to download games, and thankfully, Sony hasn't gone completely mad as we've feared. GameDaily interviewed everyone's pal, Peter Dille, and he confirmed that you do not need a PS3 in order to download PSone games to your PSP:

BIZ: I know you guys have previously talked about a PSP emulation service where PS1 titles would be downloaded directly to the PSP (for example, if someone didn't own a PS3). This new PS3 download service of PS1 titles, which involves transferring to the PSP, is not going to replace the previous PSP emulation plan is it?

PD: You are correct. We'll still have that. We have the PSP downloads site now, and you're right; these PS1 games will be available either from the PSP downloads site directly, so you don't need a PS3 to get them or if you do happen to be one of the lucky guys that gets a PS3, you can download the games to your PS3 hard drive and then slide it over to your PSP. Both services will be up and running.

Whew! That's good to hear. I'm going to pick up a PLAYSTATION 3 one of these days, but I'm sure many of you are very relieved to hear this confirmation.

WOW, thank god, this is one thing Sony have actually managed to stick with what they say they'll do, no we just gotta wait for them to rip us off by charging uber high prices.....

that was a relife i thought i wouldnt be able to use the psone emu on my psp
    Benh = Coder, main language C other language LUA

Check out my first C app Super - flasher here

visit my dev site where you can download all of my coding projects - http://benh-pspdev.bravehost.com/

Please visit my site www.pspfanatic.bravehost.com
    and join the forums

one word - WHEW. when i first heard this i was even more mad at sony because i believed it was going to be turned into a ps3 only thing. man am i relieved about this. and yeah they will rip us off with the prices but there may be other ways. (i hope they make a way to convert our original ps1 disks)

hmmm.....did sony announce this?

Hallelujah!
    I never plan on buying any more in-home consoles ever again, since the PC usually fits my needs, or my dad will just get one and I'll play it at his house.
    So, it's nice to hear that the PS3 won't be necessary for the PSP's new features.

oh good, this is just what we need. too bad we still have to pay for them again though......... oh well ill just alternate with the homebrew emulator and sonys emulator, makes things easier

Will these games be playable on the PS3 also though? It would be more worth the expense of purchasing a downloadable PSone title if they were playable on both systems. However just downloading games for the PSP alone is rather limiting. Somehow I doubt Sony has put enough thought into allowing the downloaded games to be playable on both systems.

yup, plus i hear alot of games will not be released since they have lost the rights to the music soundtracks so count many of ur fav ps1 games out of the list.

sony should just release a pay2convert program kinda like pspvideo9 except that wus free.

psp

yay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information