Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can i buy a new 1.5 psp in the uk

Default Where can i buy a new 1.5 psp in the uk

Does anyone know any online shops that are based in the uk and sell 1.5 psps

Thanks

PSN ID: splodger15

I am from the UK and i can tell you,

I got my psp on September 1st when they first came out over here, but by October (the second major shipment) thry were all running 2.0. I can tell you this cos my m8 got 1 of the second shipment and it already had 2.0

So, i think they are all TA-082 which means 2.5, but you might get lucky online, i would say AMAzon if anywhere would have it.

1 word, "EBAY" lol

I remember there was a news post saying there were 2.6 non ta-082 for sale in currys or something like that. It might not be near london though try searching for that news in forums.

You won't be able to get a 1.50 PSP from the shop, they are most likely 2.50 or 2.60 units. However, you may get lucky not to pick a TA-082 system and be able to downgrade to 1.50 by upgrading to 2.71. You can tell what version it could be by looking for a letter on the serial sticker on the box:

H = 2.50
    I = 2.60

Nowhere and everywhere at the same time...

try getting a preowned one from game or gamestation, most of the time they let u switch it on so then u could check. (this is how i got my 2nd psp, as a 1.5 from the shop)

Nowhere and everywhere at the same time...

btw, K is 2.00 on the box

If you get preowned ones there's a small chance to have version 2.80 or 2.81, which is no good if you want 1.50 - they can't be downgraded yet. Also, the units themselves may not be in the greatest condition either. I got one preowned once and found the following faluts on it:

- Directional pad didn't work properly, had to use more force to work it.

- The analog stick was used too harshly in the up direction and scratched the area on the casing there.

- Headphone jack didn't work.

- Big crack on the casing near the triangle and circle buttons.

- The battery cover kept falling off as the bottom clip was snapped off (most likely due to the previous owner dropping it on the ground).

- Finally the UMD drive door didn't close flush to the unit, it was in a bent position.

If you still want to try obtaining a second-hand PSP, check carefully for defects, the firmware version and if the unit is a TA-082 (to find out, open the UMD drive door and look in the top right-had corner. If it say on gold letters IC1003, it is one.)

As for my beat-up sencond-hand PSP, it landed up as a brick when upgrading to 2.71 to try out HEN C as I fell over the AC cable and the battery came out. Still useful as a battery charger, though.

Thanks for all the advice

PSN ID: splodger15

They were selling new 2.6's in Dixons Plymouth, Devon a little while ago (versions which you can downdate to 1.5).

I reckon your best bet though is somewhere like Gamestation, that way you can turn it on and see what the firmware is and test out the condition of the buttons, screen etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information